toilet seat wars

13»

Replies

• RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Not just the seat, but the whole lot - including the lid - goes down before flushing.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    If the seat has to be put back down, the lid has to also. No double standards.
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    No double standards.

Yep!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    No wars here, he is out numbered 3 to 1 so the seat is always put back down. Plus I think he got traumatized because when I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest, he left the seat up in the middle of the night, I screamed so loud when I fell in it startled him wide awake, he has never done it since lol Plus he felt really bad :embarassed:

ETA: in our home the lid goes back down too, we have dogs and it is NOT a water bowl no matter what they think.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    OP I've seen several topics you've started now, and you seem to be really interested in dynamics between men and women and gender roles. Is there something on your mind that you'd like to state directly?
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    And this is why I live alone! I do make sure to leave the seat as I've found it when I'm visiting others though. I'm sure people wonder if I pee with the seat up.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    We have 4 dogs and 3 cats. The seat and the lid are down at all times when the toilet isn't in use.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

For the sake of avoiding the promised toilet head experience I put the toilet seat down for her. It's really a story of cause and effect... :ohwell:

that's a good idea for me to use on my future husband hahaha
    any man with a shred of dignity would break up with that girl if she did that
    Any man that wouldn't be willing to do something so simple for their girlfriend/spouse/so has little respect for that individual.
    i like you.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    I grew up with 5 younger brothers. I prefered to see the seat up so I knew it hadn't been peed on, and I didn't have to wash it before sitting.You could never find the culprit among the 5 of them--nobody ever did it. Many years have passed, but it still doesn't bother me to see the seat up.
  • Cranquistador
    I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

For the sake of avoiding the promised toilet head experience I put the toilet seat down for her. It's really a story of cause and effect... :ohwell:

Any man that wouldn't be willing to do something so simple for their girlfriend/spouse/so has little respect for that individual.

Any woman that can't manage to not fall in a toilet probably wouldn't last long with me anyway.
    I am sure that woman would be DEVASTATED.
  • Cranquistador
    seat and lid should be down when you flush anyway.

I saw a show one time where they tested things like the toothbrush, etc when the lid was left open vs closed.

yeah:noway: :sick:

CLOSED EVERY TIME.
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164

I saw a show one time where they tested things like the toothbrush, etc when the lid was left open vs closed.

CLOSED EVERY TIME.

I moved my toothbrush to a closed cabinet after watching that!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    Personally, I prefer for the seat AND the lid to be down, but this is on the list of things that life is too short to get worked up about for me. As long as it's flushed, I'm not going to get pissy about the seat or lid being up.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    No wars at our place. I don't care if the seat comes down again but I do ask that it goes up for boy wees.

Oh, and I really hate it when the lid goes down as well, as could cause problems if I'm really, really desperate!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

CLOSED EVERY TIME.

It's been MythBusted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDc7-oya1Qg
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,953 Member
    In our house everyone closes the lid when they're done using the toilet and before flushing. I keep my tooth brush in that room and prefer not to have toilet vapor particles landing on it. Plus it automatically prevents toilet seat wars.

ETA: It also keeps the cats from playing in it and used to keep the kids out when they were little.
  • Not really a battle worth fighting, it's easier just to put the seat down myself :glasses:
  • I put the seat down for one reason. My girlfriend is slow to wake. If she has to use the toilet in the middle of the night and falls into the toilet as a result of me not putting the seat down she has made me a solemn promise. Upon dragging herself out of the toilet she will promptly come sit on my head.

Any woman that can't manage to not fall in a toilet probably wouldn't last long with me anyway.
    I am sure that woman would be DEVASTATED.

Lol no need to get defensive, if you aren't observant enough to not fall in a toilet, that is your issue
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Is this problem exclusive to American women? like are there women in this thread that are from other countries? Just curious if the lack of surroundings issue global.
  • Cranquistador

CLOSED EVERY TIME.

It's been MythBusted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDc7-oya1Qg
    I DONT CARE :P~~~~~~~~