What was your favorite childhood toy?

13»

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    books. and the woods. toys were fairly uninteresting to me as child.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Barbies, without a doubt. I spent a good portion of my childhood with them.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Barbie. So I could chop all their hair off and paint their faces with pens into something completely unrecognizable.

*gasp*
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Indoors: Commodore 64, especially as an 80s latch-kid that was often stuck in the house for the entire afternoon/evening.
    800px-Commodore64.jpg.jpeg
    FTR: I'm so glad that I grew up before the Internet, text messages, cell phones, social network, etc. I would've gotten into SOOO much trouble it's scary.

Outdoors: Toss-up between 10-speed bike, climbing tree in front yard, and BB gun and alum cans in the backyard.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    young child - pound puppies and cabbage patch doll

older - legos, rubik's cube, Nintendo (huge box, lol)
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    A book. Preferably a collection, such as Little House on the Prairie or encyclopedias.

If books don't count, I would say Tinkertoys.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    I loved reading, drawing, and organizing my sticker collection (but I never used any of them lol)

I had an old Brother typerwriter that I would sit on the porch with in the summer and write short stories, too

People would buy me Barbies when I was really little and my dad would always find them buried out in the garden... I was a strange child. I didn't like any sort of humanoid toys/baby dolls/etc, but loved stuffed animals.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    1970s Metal Robot. It walked real slow and its chest would open up with gunfire sounds.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Barbie can suck it. I LOVED my jungle gym, playing tag outside, baseball games in the yard, and Atari when the weather was bad. I have 2 brothers so I was a tom boy.

And yes, I did say Barbie can suck it!:laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    People would buy me Barbies when I was really little and my dad would always find them buried out in the garden... I was a strange child. I didn't like any sort of humanoid toys/baby dolls/etc, but loved stuffed animals.

Hilarious and I was the same way!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Ailbe1 Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 72 December 03, 2013 9:47 am I just had a conversation with my brother about what his kids wanted for Christmas this year. The kids are between 7 and 12 and they all want some sort of electronic device. It got me thinking about the toys I really loved when I was young, and my Lite-Brite has to be at the top of that list. What was yours?

During those dreary, chilly cold and hurricane force winds tropical rainy days, my indoor lead favourites of faves were (i) the wooden abacus before the age of 7 and (ii) the carrom board before the age of 12.
  • bike, hot wheels, legos, making forts in the house, stuffed toy collection, NES and SNES