christmas cookies at work :(

13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Have a cookie...not 20 cookies. It's really not that hard.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    I wish someone would drop off some cookie at my office!!!! My technique - I just allow myself 2 or 3 ...ok sometimes 4. Then I go right back to business as usual. It's a given that my calories are up a bit in December. I just relax, enjoy and don't allow myself to completely derail. And I make sure I get my workouts in!
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    I've heard that brushing your teeth will make you less likely to indulge. (atleast that works for snacking at night!):laugh:
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    I agree that the tins of store-bought Christmas cookies aren't worth the calories they're made of. Makes it very easy to avoid the temptation if they just have no appeal.

Now if they're homemade shortbread... that's a little tougher. Just have one. Or maybe two. But certainly no more than three! lol
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    One or two cookies a day definitely could fit my macros. Maybe try and hold off until the afternoon. If you go for one for morning tea you'll probably be tempted to go back for more later. Pack and eat a healthy lunch and then indulge in one or two if you really want them.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Out of sight, out of mind?

I just avoid the first cookie. After that, it's a slippery slope for me. Maybe grab a couple on your way out.

Same thing for pizza. I don't ever have one slice of pizza, because I am a pizza monster-devourer thing. Witnesses can attest to how scary it is.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Chew some gum next time you have to go in that cookie filled room! I usually always keep in mind how many miles I'd have to run in order to burn one of those cookies off haha that always makes it easy for me to say no.

I am that evil co-worker though that bakes treats and brings them into work.. I love baking! I didn't want to give it up just because of my lifestyle change so I still do it. I just don't eat anything I make and instead I sprinkle them throughout my place of employment and home for others to feast on.