Peanut Butter

2»

Replies

• run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    I eat peanut butter every day, LOVE it! But I make my own, it requires a bag of peanuts and a food processor, that's it....and it's soooo yummy. I've also experimented, with almonds, although I don't much care for them, if I mix them half and half with the peanuts it's pretty darn tasty, i've added flax seed, extra boost of protein there. cashews....you name it, it requires no additional oil, very simple and very inexpensive.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    I eat peanut butter every day, LOVE it! But I make my own, it requires a bag of peanuts and a food processor, that's it....and it's soooo yummy. I've also experimented, with almonds, although I don't much care for them, if I mix them half and half with the peanuts it's pretty darn tasty, i've added flax seed, extra boost of protein there. cashews....you name it, it requires no additional oil, very simple and very inexpensive.

I tried this today and there wasn't any oil at all and the peanuts were NOT spreadable. I used unsalted (and I think dry roasted) peanuts. Am I doing something wrong? Any tips??
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE! peanut butter. However, I've personally found that if I eat 2 tbsp of it each day (and I only buy the natural kinds... not Jiff and what not), I just won't lose weight. It stinks. :[
  • KelliP5
    KelliP5 Posts: 13 Member
    Wow, what a great idea to make your own PB. I WISH I were so dedicated. Maybe I'll try that Krema @ Kroger. Still trying to "like" rice cakes, maybe this will help. :ohwell:
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    When working (I start my new job Monday), I eat an apple with a 1/2 serving of peanut butter every morning, and celery with the other 1/2 of serving for snack between lunch and dinner. And what's nice is I LOVE PB soooo much that I look forward to those snacks...and they are so healthy for you! It helps to love the food you eat, and not eat it because it is good for you or low calorie (celery and apple). PB is high in calories, so eat in moderation.

GOOD LUCK!
  • i recommend you get better'n peanut butter. it's an organic product that really does taste better than peanut butter, and has only 100 cals per 2 tbsps. you can buy it at whole foods or trader joe's. eat double the amount of peanut butter for the same calories :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Wow, what a great idea to make your own PB. I WISH I were so dedicated. Maybe I'll try that Krema @ Kroger. Still trying to "like" rice cakes, maybe this will help. :ohwell:

If you're going to Kroger, then buy the Kroger natural brand Crunchy. It's my favorite!! They have a creamy one too, but I love the crunchy!!!
  • slimline1
    slimline1 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm confused, do you use natural peanuts or the salted kind, I don't eat much salt as I don't like it?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I add Skippy Natural to my oatmeal and on toast. It has added sugar, so it's not a TRUE natural, but it doesn't have HFCS or trans fats like other kinds. And it's SO FREAKING YUMMY! I also like Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams. That doesn't have any added sugar and is good with fruit. I like it to sweeten my smoothies.
This discussion has been closed.