Can you consider Iced Tea...as water for the purposes of wat

2»

Replies

• somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    I totally count herbal/green tea, particularly because I drink it without milk or sugar.

When it's winter and cold, I tend to go more for herbal tea than water--it's just more enjoyable getting my fluids in when they counter the shivers.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Well that really cleared everything up! :laugh: Personally, I am a purist. Water is water, coffee is coffee, tea is tea, you get the idea. There have been studies that say you can include the water that you get through food as part of your intake. The concept here is to get people to drink more water and if you drink a glass or two before eating you will be less likely to overeat. The human body is composed of 70% water -- so I would say that drinking the 8 glasses per day is a reasonable goal.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Well that really cleared everything up! :laugh: Personally, I am a purist. Water is water, coffee is coffee, tea is tea, you get the idea. There have been studies that say you can include the water that you get through food as part of your intake. The concept here is to get people to drink more water and if you drink a glass or two before eating you will be less likely to overeat. The human body is composed of 70% water -- so I would say that drinking the 8 glasses per day is a reasonable goal.

Despite my quibbling over the coffee/caffeine issue, I have to say that in the end, I agree. Water is so important that if you're worried you're not getting enough, don't count the coffee/tea/whatever and have an extra glass of plain water. It certainly isn't going to hurt you, and it will probably help!
This discussion has been closed.