Do I look better curvy or slim? (pics)

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    In for wine in Runner5's basement.

I have three different Cupcake reds. A Merlot, a Cab and a Pinot Noir. Preference? I'm using it's anti oxidant properties to prepare myself for my long run in the pouring rain tomorrow morning. It's part of my training program.

Are you having it by itself or with something? I'm always partial to Merlots and Cabs on their own merits...

I'm having it with a glass. Ok, it's a jam jar but it's a small jam jar so it's classy. It' has raised grapes on it and everthing.

SO you did go downstairs?

I'll have a jelly glass of wine, please. Any one will do.

Don't accuse me of being jelly, or bitter.

Unless the wine is bitter.

Did you guys follow that ^^ it was pretty A.D.D. if I do say so myself.
  • law_of_inertia
    Options
    You also said:

"Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights). "

So there's the assumption that the originators of the '13' commentaries are jealous and bitter and then there's you know, us defensive fatties.

My logic is right here. But it's being wasted, I'm afraid.

There's no logic for this assumption. Those were two different sentences. And yes, I believe that a lot of people on here have a distorted view of what look healthy, sorry.

Waiting for the second round of attack (not because I enjoy it but because I know there WILL be a second one...).

I don't see how she doesn't look "healthy" in the second picture. Her body fat is obviously not high.

Because lala thinks her legs look fat. /shrug

Wow, everyone is attacking me for making illogical assumptions, and now YOU are making one...When did I say her legs look fat? I said they look FATTER in the 2nd pic than in the other one, I never said they look fat per se (they obviously aren't).

The way you phrased your first post made it sound like you thought she looked unattractive at her current weight. Now, I don't care how many "not to be rudes" you throw in to sweeten the poison, telling someone that they looked "way better" than they currently do and that they're "just average" now is not going to be taken lightly.

What's funny is that I keep going back and forth between the two pictures and I can't actually see anything but a very minute difference between them. The most prominent difference I see is that her hips are more rounded in the second one. Honestly, it's such a small difference that it doesn't even matter - personally, if being laid back enough to enjoy food without obsessing over it while still leading a healthy lifestyle means weighing slightly more, then I think the second one is what I would go for. From the sounds of it, for the OP to look like she did at her first picture, she'd have to go back to being overly-strict with her intake.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    In for wine in Runner5's basement.

I have three different Cupcake reds. A Merlot, a Cab and a Pinot Noir. Preference? I'm using it's anti oxidant properties to prepare myself for my long run in the pouring rain tomorrow morning. It's part of my training program.

You had me until 'run'.

You can stay here and mind the corks. i don't know what they'd do, exactly, but...

Consider me in!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ok, here are some quart jars to tide you over. I have to go feed the boy. Children and their expecting diner and love and stuff, really.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Ok, here are some quart jars to tide you over. I have to go feed the boy. Children and their expecting diner and love and stuff, really.

In for a quart of wine :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Options

I'll bring the chocolate!
  • lalala541
    Options
    You look A LOT better in the 1st picture in my opinion (nice and slender).

Not to be rude, but it looks like you have some lower-belly pouch in the second picture. Your body also looks more disproportionate at a highter weight. You appear to be bottom-heavy (I am the same). Not saying you look fat, just average as opposed to slim.

Ignore the women saying you look like a 13 year old at a lower weight, they are probably just jealous/bitter.

Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights).

Strong first post.

So what, I am not entitled to an opinon because this is my first post? Please...

I don't know. Maybe you're just jealous of OP's body in the second shot, and are trying to sabotage her sense of self-perception?

...See how bizarre assumptions look?

Oh, and you still didn't answer what that has got to do with this being my first post...

Answered your rhetorical question?

You bumped a post that had been inactive. It wasn't on the first page. Did you purposely search, "Do I look better?" or "curvy or slim"? It's a bizarre post to bump, particularly when your comments are laced with wording that can be easily be interpreted as passive-aggressive.

And to the person wondering if it's okay to like first picture. Sure it is. But is it necessary to say it's because everyone else on the forums must be very overweight to like the second, mildly insulting the appearance in the second picture, etc.?

Not that this is any of your concern, but since you asked, I googled "myfitnesspal" + "pics" + "thinner" cause I was looking for some weight loss success stories (trying to shed a few pounds myself). This is one of the posts that came up. I wanted to be inspired by how much better (IMO) people look at a lower weight...whoops. I am not allowed to say something like that, people will think I'm trolling (and not that I genuinely think that thinner = better).
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    You do look great in both, but as everyone else has said. Where are you comfortable?
  • livingfortheone
    livingfortheone Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    curvy
  • cmriverside
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

That's not bad to say is it?

Hope not. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Dubble_A
    Dubble_A Posts: 120
    Options
    Curvy
  • lalala541
    Options
    You also said:

"Oh, and people on here tend to have a BMI on the higher end, so I think they are biased when they say that the second one looks better (they probably subconscioucly feel they have to defend heavier weights). "

So there's the assumption that the originators of the '13' commentaries are jealous and bitter and then there's you know, us defensive fatties.

My logic is right here. But it's being wasted, I'm afraid.

There's no logic for this assumption. Those were two different sentences. And yes, I believe that a lot of people on here have a distorted view of what look healthy, sorry.

Waiting for the second round of attack (not because I enjoy it but because I know there WILL be a second one...).

I don't see how she doesn't look "healthy" in the second picture. Her body fat is obviously not high.

Because lala thinks her legs look fat. /shrug

Wow, everyone is attacking me for making illogical assumptions, and now YOU are making one...When did I say her legs look fat? I said they look FATTER in the 2nd pic than in the other one, I never said they look fat per se (they obviously aren't).

The way you phrased your first post made it sound like you thought she looked unattractive at her current weight. Now, I don't care how many "not to be rudes" you throw in to sweeten the poison, telling someone that they looked "way better" than they currently do and that they're "just average" now is not going to be taken lightly.

What's funny is that I keep going back and forth between the two pictures and I can't actually see anything but a very minute difference between them. The most prominent difference I see is that her hips are more rounded in the second one. Honestly, it's such a small difference that it doesn't even matter - personally, if being laid back enough to enjoy food without obsessing over it while still leading a healthy lifestyle means weighing slightly more, then I think the second one is what I would go for. From the sounds of it, for the OP to look like she did at her first picture, she'd have to go back to being overly-strict with her intake.

She looks average weight to me in the second picture. I am not going to lie and say I consider her slim when I don't.
    This was a question about what looks better, wasn't it?
  • Achrya
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

Haha, what you did there, I see it.

Hold on. Brb. With pics. *scurries off*
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think you do look great in both but the curvy one makes you look more womanly and the slim one slightly child/teen like however I would love to look like either :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

I'm in for chocolate. I'll just drink my Perrier water out of one of those jars. :sad:
  • cmriverside
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

I'm in for chocolate. I'll just drink my Perrier water out of one of those jars. :sad:

They are cool jars with grapes on them!!

You could bring cheese and crackers for Runner5's kids. That should keep them happy.
  • sallyerkul
    sallyerkul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think tummy and legs look better in the slim picture but bust better in the curvier one. You do look fine in both so maybe a size in between the two?!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

You could bring cheese and crackers for Runner5's kids. That should keep them happy.

And for me please - I prefer cheese and crackers with my wine. :bigsmile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

You are the chocolate.

Yumm.

And for me please - I prefer cheese and crackers with my wine. :bigsmile:

I also love cheese and crackers. I'll bring enough for everyone.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    There's chocolate in here?