Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes 3 days a week. Just sayin.

That's awesome!

So do you actually plan to answer any questions, or.....?
  • benny_haha
    Options
    I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.

I hope you directed them to the main forums so they could get good answers. You have yet to post any answers to any questions in the main forum to give some indication that you have some actual useful, correct information to share.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I have a question...
    How do you feel about breakfast?
    What about breakfast food companies?
  • benny_haha
    Options

I have a question...

I feel very passionate about breakfast. I think it is the most important meal of the day. It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy. Most active people plan ahead though and will prepare meals in advance. Alot of people don't like this though so they opt for either waking up a little earlier to fix foods, get fast food on the way to work, or just not eat.

Breakfast food companies?? Such as fast food or frozen store bought or what?
  • jonnythan
    Options

I have a question...

I feel very passionate about breakfast. I think it is the most important meal of the day. It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy. Most active people plan ahead though and will prepare meals in advance. Alot of people don't like this though so they opt for either waking up a little earlier to fix foods, get fast food on the way to work, or just not eat.

So you're saying it's bad to skip breakfast? Or that it's bad to eat fast food for breakfast?
  • benny_haha
    Options

I have a question...

So you're saying it's bad to skip breakfast? Or that it's bad to eat fast food for breakfast?

Let me break it down Barney style for you little man...

It's a horrible idea to skip breakfast. It's bad to eat fast food for breakfast.
  • jonnythan
    Options

It's a horrible idea to skip breakfast. It's bad to eat fast food for breakfast.

Can you explain why?

"Barney style" is fine.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I have a question...

LOLOLOL @ calling one of the more knowledgeable members of MFP "little man"
    I'ma gonna just sip my coffee and observe until this gets locked
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

I have a question...

tumblr_mtpmiyfcFM1sj3oxho1_400.gif
    I'm waiting for the reasons why I'm wrong.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I got nothin'.

The "hefty women" thread has rendered me dumbstruck.
  • benny_haha
    Options
    The more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

Any finally...on a general note....skipping breakfast decreases your metabolism
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    IN.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I have a question...

I don't know Benny...I find breakfast the easiest. There are healthy cereals out there if you take the time to read labels...throw some fruit on and your good to go. I like yogurt with fruit...through in a little oatmeal and you got it covered.

I don't think it even has to be the "normal" breakfast food....you can eat leftovers from the night before.

Oh...and don't forget about eggs...love omelets and a few veggies thrown in.

How long does it take to make a smoothie? 5 minutes?

If one stops to "think"...coming up with breakfast is fairly easy...you just got to be willing to be flexible.
  • jenifr818
    Options
    The more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

broscience for the loss
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Oh benny. Wrong answer. smh

Where is Steve when you need him?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    We get it...you go to the gym and put in a good 60 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. Exercise is such a small % of our day...eating is a much larger percentage. This is why I consider NUTRITION more important than exercise for most people.

Share some of your thoughts on this matter!
    You must be new here. :laugh:

I doubt you'll find any person who's overweight that won't agree that nutrition is probably the most important factor in weight gain/loss/maintenance. It's inspiring them to adjust how they eat currently that's the real challenge.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    Options
    When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Benny.... pretty much everything you said here is verifiably wrong.

It's all so, so wrong.
  • jenifr818
    Options

Oh benny. Wrong answer. smh

Where is Steve when you need him?

Oh God no, don't bring him in. He's just as irritating as this guy
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

Way to quote and paraphrase someone else's writing, troll.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/443601-what-happens-to-your-body-when-you-skip-breakfast/

"enhanced when you eat breakfast.
    You Lose Energy

Calories are a measure of energy -- the more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. The body may start taking energy stored as glucose from your tissues, which can cause you to feel tired and lethargic. If you skip breakfast, you are more likely to experience a mid-morning slump that can leave your thinking cloudy.
    Your Hunger Increases

One of the reasons why those who eat breakfast are better able to maintain their weight is because they stave off hunger by eating a healthy breakfast. When you skip breakfast, your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty, and you begin to experience hunger pangs. The longer you wait, the more your hunger grows. If you’ve skipped breakfast, you are more likely to reach for unhealthy snack options, such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar -- like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut or a large bagel. Over time, this can contribute to weight gain."

Sound familiar?