Ok...you workout. So what about your diet??

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions.

If the concern is "daily" functions, then that is a function of your "daily" eating, not of one meal plucked arbitrarily out of your daily eating.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Way to quote and paraphrase someone else's writing, troll.

A plagiarist.

Ugh.

Surely that is a TOS violation...
  • I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.

I have a question...
    How do you feel about breakfast?
    What about breakfast food companies?

I feel very passionate about breakfast. I think it is the most important meal of the day. It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy. Most active people plan ahead though and will prepare meals in advance. Alot of people don't like this though so they opt for either waking up a little earlier to fix foods, get fast food on the way to work, or just not eat.

Breakfast food companies?? Such as fast food or frozen store bought or what?

I don't know Benny...I find breakfast the easiest. There are healthy cereals out there if you take the time to read labels...throw some fruit on and your good to go. I like yogurt with fruit...through in a little oatmeal and you got it covered.

I don't think it even has to be the "normal" breakfast food....you can eat leftovers from the night before.

Oh...and don't forget about eggs...love omelets and a few veggies thrown in.

How long does it take to make a smoothie? 5 minutes?

If one stops to "think"...coming up with breakfast is fairly easy...you just got to be willing to be flexible.

There are definately some healthy cereals out there and it is very important to read the labels. Not everybody does this...we are talking about most people.

Did you know more than one-third of U.S. adults (which is about 35.7%) are obese? That's just the U.S. and that's just adults.

You think fat kids, women, and men prefer to down a bowl of cereal or grab a buttery fluffy biscuit? Come on now
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Any finally...on a general note....skipping breakfast decreases your metabolism
    Broscience at it's best. How about: any calorie deficit (regardless of how many meals one eats) lowers metabolic rate? That's actually truth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

Benny.... pretty much everything you said here is verifiably wrong.

It's all so, so wrong.

Please please explain why I am wrong. Show some proof. Research and trials
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.

I have a question...

I feel very passionate about breakfast. I think it is the most important meal of the day. It can be tough to get a good breakfast in though for most people. It's hard to get up early to fix the foods we need to be healthy. Most active people plan ahead though and will prepare meals in advance. Alot of people don't like this though so they opt for either waking up a little earlier to fix foods, get fast food on the way to work, or just not eat.

I don't know Benny...I find breakfast the easiest. There are healthy cereals out there if you take the time to read labels...throw some fruit on and your good to go. I like yogurt with fruit...through in a little oatmeal and you got it covered.

I don't think it even has to be the "normal" breakfast food....you can eat leftovers from the night before.

If one stops to "think"...coming up with breakfast is fairly easy...you just got to be willing to be flexible.

There are definately some healthy cereals out there and it is very important to read the labels. Not everybody does this...we are talking about most people.

Did you know more than one-third of U.S. adults (which is about 35.7%) are obese? That's just the U.S. and that's just adults.

You think fat kids, women, and men prefer to down a bowl of cereal or grab a buttery fluffy biscuit? Come on now

My fat *kitten* loves frosted flakes, thank you very much. I eat biscuits, as well, but sugar smacks for the win!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    The more calories you take in, the more energy your body is able to produce. When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

Your stomach sends signals to your brain that it is empty and guess what? you begin to experience hunger pains. The longer you wait the hungrier you get. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to go for an unhealthy snack such as convenience foods high in fat and sugar ( ya know like a candy bar from a vending machine, a doughnut)

Oh benny. Wrong answer. smh

Where is Steve when you need him?

benny and steve in the thunderdome would be very entertaining. mostly because i would be rooting against both of them.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

It's all so, so wrong.

I get the feeling you consider articles in Men's Fitness as "research and trials."
  • BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I'm not going through 6 pages of junk. There have been many members message me with questions in which I have answered accordlingly.

I have a question...

If Count Chocula is wrong... I don't wanna be right
  • When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

It's all so, so wrong.

I get the feeling you consider articles in Men's Fitness as "research and trials."

I use multiple sources such as jissn.com
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

Did you even read the link? It's written nearly exactly the same. Many of the sentences are identical.

You have lost all credibility.

Why hasn't this guy been banned yet?
  • BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

Did you even read the link? It's written nearly exactly the same. Many of the sentences are identical.

I cannot be banned muahahahaha
  • BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

Yes i read the link. Pretty similiar. Hey google to topic chief. You will discover alot of the same information!!!! Suprise!!!! Hey now that means they should all be cited for plagarism!

Credibility on the internet?? Are you serious? You could be a woman for all I know and I could be a woman for all you know.

Credibility on this website?!?!?!?! thats great bahahaha too good
  • jonnythan
    When you skip breakfast, your body may not have enough energy to perform its daily functions. If you skip breakfast you are more likely to experience the classic mid-morning slump that can leave you sluggish.

It's all so, so wrong.

I guess it's during your intense clinical research that you discovered skipping breakfast lowers metabolism and that it leaves your body without "enough energy to perform its daily functions."

Ye gods.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

phoenix-wright-objection-540x194.png

OP had no credibility to lose.
  • jonnythan
    BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

Yes i read the link. Pretty similiar. Hey google to topic chief. You will discover alot of the same information!!!! Suprise!!!! Hey now that means they should all be cited for plagarism!

Credibility on the internet?? Are you serious? You could be a woman for all I know and I could be a woman for all you know.

Not similar. Word for word. Copy and paste.

I wonder why a nutrition expert would need to copy and paste from an unsourced Livestrong blog entry with no references.

It's all so, so wrong.

I guess it's during your intense clinical research that you discovered skipping breakfast lowers metabolism and that it leaves your body without "enough energy to perform its daily functions."

Ye gods.

Show me some studies that prove otherwise....oh yea yea you can't
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member

It's all so, so wrong.

Ye gods.

Show me some studies that prove otherwise....oh yea yea you can't

Burden of proof always lies with the person making the claim.
  • BAHAHAHAHA plagarism??

You guys are great

Not similar. Word for word. Copy and paste.

I wonder why a nutrition expert would need to copy and paste from an unsourced Livestrong blog entry with no references.

Nutrition expert?????? Bahahahah i have no idea what I'm talking about. That's bad you think I am a nutrition expert. Sadly misled broseife