Depends on the individuals income...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    They really aren't that expensive. :huh: :huh:

Depends on the individuals income...

tumblr_ljb43k4iq91qixleeo1_400.gif
  • KatrinaGrey
    KatrinaGrey Posts: 101 Member
    I make my own protein bars. I'm not buying this crap. I like making my own because I know exactly what's in them and the exact process it took in making them. Not to mention the amount of $ I save for some of the best protein bars you can have.

Flax, Honey, protein powder, coco powder, all natural peanutbutter and milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7yixMZWJo

Here's a vid on how to make them. No baking required. Save your money.

Thanks for posting...I'm going to try these! I just bought 2 containers of protein powder (non-GMO soy) and I was wondering what to make besides smoothies.
  • I enjoy Quest bars however I really do prefer my own homemade protein bars. No, they don't taste like Quest bars, instead they taste like homemade snack cake. Try some of these:

http://www.muffin-topless.com/2012/07/06/muffin-topless-rich-chocolate-protein-bars

or recipes found here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    So what is a good Protein powder to use if making your own bars?
  • Maybe I'll make my own if someone answers babyblues4's question on the best powder to use...

you can use any powder you happen to have on hand. optimum nutrition works great from experience.
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    GNC usually has them on sale in their store buy 3 get 1 free, so I always buy them there. I had to cut back too b/c they got expensive. I was eating 2 a day now I try to only eat 1 a day.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Marry well. My husband buys them for me :laugh:
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Maybe I'll make my own if someone answers babyblues4's question on the best powder to use...

you can use any powder you happen to have on hand. optimum nutrition works great from experience.

:drinker:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    i would rather have whiskey
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member

That's classy.
  • Omg y'all are flip flopping HILARIOUS!!!:laugh: I love you guys :smile: The Nicki Minaj and married one are my faves hehe:bigsmile: Thank you for letting me know about the sales I will have to keep an eye out for them!! And also thank you for comparing all the protein bars; I really wanna try the Think Thin ones soon! And the Pure Protien bars have alot of protein and little sugar for the price but they aren't really healthy and kinda mess with my stomach but I still love them and will eat them occasionally!:)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

This is why we are friends. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Oh and also I cannot eat Clif bars because they contain malt and I am allergic to gluten! I used to eat them but honestly they do not have as much protein in them as other bars (only 10 grams) and are very high in sugars which is OK for some people but for my body I do not like to eat 20 grams of sugar in a bar with only half that many grams of protein! THank you though:)
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    I agree with others in the fact I already pay for a gym membership and a personal trainer so why not for some quest bars that i love as well? I eat one a day. I just try to look for sales but if not I still buy them. I like them more than any other protein bar I have tried.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I prefer Clif Bars.

Cliff bars are one of the worse ones you can purchase. Read the ingredients, chances are there will be some words on there you couldn't even pronounce..this is a no no.
    Really? Have you actually read the ingredients on a Clif Bar? I'm guessing no.

Blueberry Crisp Clif Bar:
    Ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, ClifPro® (Soy Rice Crisps [Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Barley Malt Extract], Organic Roasted Soybeans, Organic Soy Flour), Organic Rolled Oats, Blueberry Fruit Pieces (Concentrated Apple Puree, Glucose Syrup, Oat Fiber, Pectin, Elderberry Juice Concentrate [Color], Citric Acid, Concentrated Blueberry Puree, Natural Flavor), Organic Almonds, ClifCrunch® (Organic Oat Fiber, Inulin [Chicory Extract], Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Oat Bran, Organic Psyllium), Organic Cane Syrup, Blueberries (Blueberries, Apple Juice Concentrate), Organic Date Paste, Almond Butter, Organic Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Which of these should I not be able to pronounce?

Cliff bars are not that bad as long as you can have soy..............I can't have soy.
  • gelenerun
    gelenerun Posts: 12 Member
    My thoughts exactly, but I would actually say "Klassy"
  • gelenerun
    gelenerun Posts: 12 Member

That's classy.

I'd have to agree.....but in this case, I think I'd have to say "Klassy"
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member

That's classy.

I'd have to agree.....but in this case, I think I'd have to say "Klassy"

There, there, glad ya got that all out in your double post. LOL
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    I just ordered my first 12 pack from Amazon for $24. My body can't handle 17g of fiber in one sitting (learned this the hard way). So, now I cut them in half and eat one half each day as my post-workout protein recovery. It tides me over while I prepare my next meal, and it helps me stretch one box for 24 days.