30 day shred January Challenge

Replies

• Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure what I was getting into until I started it. I have talked to my Dr. and his advise is only do what I can and not to over do it I have no problem jogging in place so I might try that instead of the jumping jacks and bum kicks. As for the other exercise I don't find them too hard. I have decided to do the 30 day shred every other day and do some yoga and strength training the other days. I will keep it up for another few days but if I can't do I won't, It is not worth getting hurt & having any more problems with my back.
    Ok...did day 1 of the shred.....Not sure if this is something I can continue with as it is very hard on my back. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back and the jumping is really too hard on my back. I am still going to keep up with it but may have to try something else beside the jumping. Will give it a couple of more days...May have to just get back to yoga and strength training.

Lost_it - If is aggravates your back, STOP or at least modify the moves with something that has less impact. That is why they have the disclaimer (that no one ever pays attention to) to seek medical advice before starting the program. Many people that drop out around days 5-10 do so because of knee and back problems (I'm one of them. I have a herniated disc and sciatica). Many of these moves should not be done with those conditions. I ended up in physical therapy as a result.

Now I know what I can and can't/shouldn't do. Those disclaimers are there for a reason. Check with your Dr. While this is a highly popular and effective program, it's not for everyone. Just check the reviews of the people that gave it 1 star on Amazon. You'll see a common thread.
  • Hi! I'd like to join in, I've just completed day 3.
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    I just joined the 30DS group. I did Level 1 day 1 this morning. No problem! I remember it being much worse. I think I'm in better shape today than when I tried it years ago.
  • I know that I am a little late but I'd love to join
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    I'm late to the party too, but I did Day 1 last night and will be doing Day 2 today. Definitely intense, but I was afraid it would be more brutal than it is. I'm not quite keeping up, but it seems like it's in the range of something I can do if I keep at it. I'm looking forward to hitting that mat again tonight! Hopefully this will kick start the second half of my weight loss and I'll see some visible results before I have to wear my swimsuit in just over two months. Woop! Let's do this!
  • I'd love to join. Doing Day 1 tonight!
  • Hi I am interested it is easier to accomplish when you are not Alone :)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    I'm totally in!

I just completed day four. It sucks. Bicycle crunches were invented by the devil himself. However - it is a great workout!!!

Just thought I would share a couple of things from the website incase you didn't know. Jillian recommends that you shouldn't actually do 30 days straight, rather 6 weeks of 5 days a week with your break days falling one midweek and one on the weekend - that is the best way to avoid injury and give your muscles time to repair themselves!

Also for those logging exercise calories burned - if you don't have a heart rate monitor to tell you your calories burned here is a simple method for the workouts so you can log it: 30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. I did this for the first three days (27 min workout including warm up and cool down) and used my heart rate monitor today, the HRM told me I burned 30 calories more than the calculation did, but hey it's better to be under estimating what you are burning as opposed to over estimating right?!

Good luck everyone, feel free to send me a friend request if you wish, but please include a note!
  • kdh74
    kdh74 Posts: 17 Member
    Thank you for the info...I just started 2 days ago. I was wondering the suggested schedule!
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Would like to join! Started on the 4th of Jan!
  • I would like to join.

Did day 1 yesterday and feeling great part from a few sore muscles but its all good!!!!!!
  • Hey!! I started today, completed first day!! Whoo. I'm posting to this ( my first time to post anything!!) because I'd like to join y'all. Although I don't know how this posting... Threading.... Following thing works. Do I get alerts when someone talks to me? Or just watch this thread?
  • jmerry3
    jmerry3 Posts: 6 Member
    I would like to join too. Just completed day 2.
  • jenbob555
    jenbob555 Posts: 36 Member
    I would love to join too! Just finished day 1 today. I started it in the past but only made it a couple days.
  • jenbob555
    jenbob555 Posts: 36 Member
    Also, as an FYI for anyone who doesn't have 30 day shred, if you have a device that has youtube on it (playstation, xbox, appletv, etc), the 30 day shred videos are on youtube for FREE :)
  • ElizaB84
    ElizaB84 Posts: 105 Member
    Day 5 yesterday kicked my butt the hardest. But I feel like I'm over the hump now. I'm not dreding the workouts now that I know what to expect and that my body can handle it.
    I have to modify the jump rope portion though. Jumping up and down hurts my left ankle so I do more of a run in place.
    -3 lbs so far.
  • ehaden
    ehaden Posts: 8 Member
    I'm totally in. Did day one and day two, took a rest day cause I was soooo sore... doing day 3 tonight :D
  • clszewczyk
    clszewczyk Posts: 19 Member
    Is this the Jillian Michaels shred routine? If so I'm starting on Monday. Good luck everybody!
  • Hi guys! I started end of Dec and I'm at Day 18 today! Here's my progress so far!

xmv4ia.jpg

10xzgvn.jpg

70cenq.jpg

Pictures showing Days 1, 10, 15! I'm really happy with thw tesults so far BUT i have not lost much weight; just 1kilo ao it gets pretty frustrating on the weighing scale! My pants are getting really lose though!!

Good luck everyone! We can all do this!
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    I'm a late comer, but may I join? I plan to start tomorrow.