Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

User Survey Launching in MFP Forums

StevenSteven Posts: 598Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 598Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
We are launching a new web survey to collect regular feedback from our forum users. Our goal is to get additional information on member's experience in participating in our forums so that we can evaluate and improve the community experience.

Who is Participating in the Survey?
The survey will be offered, at random, to MFP members who have previously posted in the forums and have not recently opted out of the survey.

How is the Survey Administered?
The survey is administered via a 3rd party survey provider, and will appear as a toast window while viewing the main forums:
6nhVLNQ.png

Can I Opt-Out of the Survey?
Of course! If you receive the survey and prefer not to take it, just select "Not at this time" and the survey will not be shown to you again for at least another 60 days.

Is the Survey Anonymous?
Yes, the survey is anonymous and does not collect any personal identifying information.

We look forward to hearing from you about your forum experience and thank you in advanced for your participation in helping us to improve the MFP Community.

If you have questions or feedback regarding this survey, please reply to this topic. Off topic posts will be removed.

Members are always welcome to provide feedback on their experience in our community to our Community Manager, Olivia via private message ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/olivia ), ir by writing to our Customer Happiness Team at: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Happy New Year!
Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff

Replies

• Dot35Dot35 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    How do I take the survey. Is there a form?
  • LaurayinzLaurayinz Posts: 956Member Member Posts: 956Member Member
    It's a pop-up that appears on the lower right side of the page. I got it yesterday. Pretty simple, with an optional comments area.
  • trackercasey76trackercasey76 Posts: 791Member Member Posts: 791Member Member
    I did the survey and now it keeps popping up...SUPER ANNOYING!!!!
  • GetSodaGetSoda Posts: 1,289Member Member Posts: 1,289Member Member

pop up anything is the opposite of a good user experience.
  • AlexAlex Posts: 8,597Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff Posts: 8,597Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Staff

Thank you for taking the survey!

I am going to follow-up with you via private message to make sure the survey is no longer popping up.
  • SweetCrumbSweetCrumb Posts: 78Member Member Posts: 78Member Member
    I accidentally opted out, is there a link that can take me to it? I was interested In doing it :)
  • MissouMissou Posts: 96Member Member Posts: 96Member Member
    I accidentally opted out, is there a link that can take me to it? I was interested In doing it :)

Same here.
  • toutmonpossibletoutmonpossible Posts: 1,617Member Member Posts: 1,617Member Member
    I haven't seen it. Is there a link to the survey?
  • udinthudinth Posts: 96Member Posts: 96Member
    Steven said in the original post, "The survey will be offered, at random, to MFP members who have previously posted in the forums and have not recently opted out of the survey." That means that they don't post a link to the survey, and they don't offer any way to sign up for it except what you've just done: You've posted in this forum, so now you are on the list of members that the survey machinery picks from at random.

That's pretty standard for surveys. After all, if people can take a survey just by signing up for it, it's most likely to get the extremes – people with strong opinions, whether pro or con – and not get the majority in the middle.
  • toutmonpossibletoutmonpossible Posts: 1,617Member Member Posts: 1,617Member Member
    Steven said in the original post, "The survey will be offered, at random, to MFP members who have previously posted in the forums and have not recently opted out of the survey." That means that they don't post a link to the survey, and they don't offer any way to sign up for it except what you've just done: You've posted in this forum, so now you are on the list of members that the survey machinery picks from at random.

That's pretty standard for surveys. After all, if people can take a survey just by signing up for it, it's most likely to get the extremes – people with strong opinions, whether pro or con – and not get the majority in the middle.

I read the original post.