Nerds who lift

Replies

• UI developer here.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    A106-2T.jpg?1381926428

MINE! :angry:

No seriously, where did you find those I NEEDSES THEM!
    I haven't found them yet TBH, but you can order them from Medusa Skates http://www.medusaskates.com/.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    159910.jpg
    This is really cool. It's like the shoe version of playing cards + bicycle spokes.
  • IIIIIINNNN!!

I've always been into fitness, but I'm finally motivated to take it up a notch or two. Learning to count macronutrients and such, so hoping to see some progress!

Nerd Cred:

Star Wars fanatic, video game nerd, Harley Quinn=my love, Disney lover (honeymooned at Disneyworld..and went for our 1st anniversary, as well).....love all LOTR movies...oh, and Jack Nicholson was the best joker! =)

May The Force Be With You!
  • Oracle DBA here.. Linux/Unix system admin, and network admin. Gifs to come

<3
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,543 Member
    It's amazing the amount of people that think they're nerds just because they like Star Wars or Star Trek or play chess, or like Comic Books, or read, or are smart.

News flash....you're not a nerd if it's in.

Nerds are social outcasts, those that are more introverts, those that really can't relate to what's going on, that lack a lot of social skills.

Saying something like "here's my nerd cred" pretty much automatically disqualifies you from being a nerd.

This is speaking as someone that in high school was a nerd and was bullied until I finally stood up for myself and threw the bully down a flight of stairs because I snapped.

This whole concept of I'm a nerd because I like what's popular now and wasn't 40 years ago is bull ****.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    That definitely sounds like me!!!
    - Urban Planner; enjoyed studying GIS, IT, and mapping Hazards and stuff as well as mathematics and population trends / economics.
    - I enjoy studying!
    - Avid gamer, used to play WoW before I got too busy (Horde - Undead Warlock)
    - Science Fiction :heart: Need I say more?
    - I want to do Phd studies!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    It's amazing the amount of people that think they're nerds just because they like Star Wars or Star Trek or play chess, or like Comic Books, or read, or are smart.

Nerds are social outcasts, those that are more introverts, those that really can't relate to what's going on, that lack a lot of social skills.

Saying something like "here's my nerd cred" pretty much automatically disqualifies you from being a nerd.

This is speaking as someone that in high school was a nerd and was bullied until I finally stood up for myself and threw the bully down a flight of stairs because I snapped.

This whole concept of I'm a nerd because I like what's popular now and wasn't 40 years ago is bull ****.

You seem upset. Do really wanna compare childhood emotional scars with the people in here? Really? How depressing an pointless. Do you cling to your nerd cred so tightly?

Also comics aren't in. Don't confuse the popularity of comic based movies with the popularity of the original medium when most people don't know their 616 from their ultimate or their golden age from their silver from their modern age reboot. Just saying.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Not sure what defines a nerd... nor what the difference is between a nerd and a geek. I consider myself nerdy IMO. Been into computers since i was a kid, work in IT and build my own gaming rigs.

Other stuff too but im not here to embarrass myself! :)
  • joehempel

You seem upset. Do really wanna compare childhood emotional scars with the people in here? Really? How depressing an pointless. Do you cling to your nerd cred so tightly?

Also comics aren't in. Don't confuse the popularity of comic based movies with the popularity of the original medium when most people don't know their 616 from their ultimate or their golden age from their silver from their modern age reboot. Just saying.

It's just BS all the people are talking about "oh I'm a nerd now *giggle*" when no, you're not, that just makes you look stupid.

And, you have a fair point about comic books. I did in fact mean the folks who read the comic books based on the movies that have come out and instantly say they're a nerd now or a comic book nerd.
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    44934273.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Who me?

the-moment-you-realize-you-are-too-nerd_1272.gif
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member

It's just BS all the people are talking about "oh I'm a nerd now *giggle*" when no, you're not, that just makes you look stupid.

And, you have a fair point about comic books. I did in fact mean the folks who read the comic books based on the movies that have come out and instantly say they're a nerd now or a comic book nerd.

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS BUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Frankly you don't know anyone here well enough to gauge their nerdfactor. Certainly not from a few lines in a singular post. You may be dismissing someone who was every bit the introvert that you are simply because you don't like how they packaged their nerd claim.

If people want to proclaim to be nerds who Cares? Is that word so vital to your identity that other people wearing it 'undeservingly' is worth note?

And of course I have a fair point about comics. That's my thing. I was shipping Rictor/Shatterstar before civil unions/gay marriage was in. :huh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Joe, did you invent an isomorph secret language with transitional grammar based on limb position for the Alterian upper neuter families with a historical reference to Lacandon language motes? By the age of 12? And then teach it to you little brothers, forever scarring them as "odd".

Oh, I see. Pfffft. <wiggle left hand UP> perkopfff.
  • joehempel
    *your

:P

(j/k)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    *your

:P

(j/k)

Well, English is only my third language (Spanish, Alterian, English ....). (That was a typo - but I do make homophone errors).
  • joehempel
    Lol. I was just being an asshat.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    I know. I was being a socially inept literalist.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Am I a nerd that lifts or a frustrated lifter that has to nerd (or geek) for a living?

Nerd/geek credentials:
    Been in IT since 1978 when you had to manually bootstrap devices (knowing your hexadecimal helped) and well remember the "time before Windows" and the wonderment of seeing a mouse for the first time (what to do when you get to the edge of your desk???)....
    Record all my calories in/out in a spreadsheet.
    Record my lift progression like this:

Target for 2013 - Bodyweight bench press and lat pulldown (approx 172lb).
    Jan - BP 139lb, LP 152lb
    Feb - BP 139lb, LP 169lb
    Mar - BP 161lb, LP 174lb (goal achieved for LP)
    Apr - BP 174lb (goal achieved for BP), LP 174lb
    Jul - BP 186lb, LP 174lb
    Sep - BP190lb, LP 190lb
    Nov - BP 220lb, LP 190lb
    Dec - BP 220lb, LP 205lb