Adopt a Noob - Official MFP thread

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Bump. Those looking for mentors, please reach out to some of the people on the first page.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    I guess I need a mentor.

GatorDeb1 looks like a good possibility for you.
  • maureenh0709
    maureenh0709 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm an on-and-off the wagon noob who could use someone to help keep me accountable and help with some of the basics (Am I counting right? Am I eating too much sodium?). Here is some basic info about me:

25 female
    5'5"
    current weight: 156 lbs
    goal weight: 130 lbs?

I'm also planning on starting C25k soon as I also want to work on my fitness.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and/or PM me. Thanks in advance!
  • harmar21
    harmar21 Posts: 215 Member
    I wouldn't mind having a mentor, preferably someone who is somewhat experienced in keto/low carb
    29 male
    6'
    CW 332
    GW ~190-195ish... I really don't know as I dont think I was ever this weight at 6' so not sure with my big frame what GW should actually be.

Right now I am focusing on diet, and soon I will be focusing on exercise (walking to start for some endurance, then mix in some light jogging)

One thing I am struggling with ATM is counting calories for restaurants.. Usually I go to small local places so no nutritional information
  • Bumping!

At work right now but very interested in finding a mentor!
  • Who needs an accountabilabuddy? :D
    I'm in the middle of kicking calorie counting, as it's only hurt me in the long run
    I'm also trying to kill my terrible habit of having sugary treats every night before bed
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    I would love to adopt a noob! :P lol

I'm Krissy, I'm 22 (about to turn 23) and I spend half of my time in Bedfordshire and half in Manchester.

I've been on this weight loss journey girl 7 months now and so far have lost 80lbs. I still have so much more to lose but it doesn't seem so daunting now :)

My start weight was 279lbs and I was a pretty big girl.

I'm not full of knowledge, but I do have a bit, and I would love to help anyone I can and make some new friends.

I'm a vegetarian but I do love meat substitutes and I have no..beef with meat eaters :P sorry I couldn't resist lol

I think finding substitutes for high calorie foods we like is a great thing to do, every little helps as Tesco says!

I shall be here to listen and lend you a hand, maybe even in person if you're close :)
  • Hi I'm Steph and I'm a noob! I'm 5'7 and weigh 175 at the moment and I would love to get down to 140-145. anyways I'm also 19 and a sophomore in college, so if anyone would like to lend a mentoring hand that would be awesome! Good luck to everyone!
  • psuLemon
    List updated.
  • Typicalrouse
    Typicalrouse Posts: 35 Member
    I NEED a mentor :) Where do I go for that :) Add me to be your friend!! I can use all the help I can get!! XOXO
  • psuLemon
    I NEED a mentor :) Where do I go for that :) Add me to be your friend!! I can use all the help I can get!! XOXO

Read the first page and send a few friend requests or private messages.
  • I need a mentor. I'm currently 307 pounds at 5'6". That's 11 pounds down in the last 7 weeks. I am a full time nursing student, I work part time, I have a 5 year old, and a husband who works full time and goes to school full time. I have very little time for exercise.

I also want to add that I am on a very limited income. Food allowance of $450 a month for a family of 3, and no extra money for a gym membership.

If anyone has experience losing over 100 pounds without a gym membership, and on a strict budget, you'd be perfect to help me.
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    I've been using MFP on and off over the past year. I can do alright, but I would love to have someone to talk to / support me. Also I am really interested in someone who has or had PCOS because I am dealing with that right now and it is proving to be quite difficult. I started to look through the profiles, but if there is someone that has knowledge or experience with PCOS I would love to learn from their insights!
  • psuLemon
    Bump!

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Bump!
    New members, this is a great place to find knowledgeable people to help you out. Ignore the cat gifs and fad diets. Ask advice from those who have succeeded and want to give back.
  • siminske
    siminske Posts: 35 Member
    Sure, Please add me, I have lost 63 pounds since March 2014, and I love this site. I have hypothyroid, and I have more energy and drive then I have ever had. I would love to help 2 or 3 people get fit. I still have about 15 pounds to drop, so lets do this.
  • lindsay795
    lindsay795 Posts: 6 Member
    I am definitely in need of a mentor!!!
  • Hello everyone,

I am in desperate need of a mentor. I am currently 241 pounds and I just cannot seem to incorporate exercise & diet without gaining weight. I dilligently weigh my food and eat all the healthy stuff. I obviously have something wrong and am at my wits end trying to figure out what it is.

I really would appreciate the help of another as I have alot of weight to lose and am very motivated despite my struggles.

Please send me a friend request if you feel that you can assist me.

I thank you in advance.
  • MRS189
    MRS189 Posts: 14
    I would love to have a mentor! I am a 30 year old female from Colorado. I did lose 15-20 pounds on my own about 2 years ago, however I gained it all back and more after the loss of a few family members. I started my weight loss journey this time at 190 pounds, I am a total of 5'2" in highth. I want to get to an maintain an active lifestyle and weight of 110-125lbs.
    Anyone willing to help me stay accountable and wiling to give help and advice, I would be greatful.
    Thanks!
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2014
    Hello, Forum!

I'm going on 27 y/o Canadian female, and have been doing this for just over a year now. I have lost almost 35/40-45lbs I was looking to lose, and have learned a lot along the way!

Anyone is welcome to add me as well