LCHF/KETO - New WOE seeking friends to share food diary.

Replies

• KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    My ratio is 5/65/30 carb/fat/protein. just started this ratio two days ago from what I've seen seems to be a standard Have always done low carb... giving this a try to see if I can jump off my plateau
  • Oh, add me! I'm going to try and start doing Keto as well! :)
  • can people add me - starting thursday
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Is there a carb/fat/protein % that you guys are sticking with? I seem to be stuck and am trying to jump start my diet. Thanks!

I make sure my carbs are between 100 - 150g, and my protein is calculated by measuring my Lean Body Mass (bodybuilding.com has calculators) and mulitplying it by .8g. I don't really measure my fat, I just make sure they're "good" fats like consuming EVOO, avacadoes, etc.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Add me I'm Paleo/Keto
  • mdallas6
    mdallas6 Posts: 95 Member
    My ratio is 5/65/30 carb/fat/protein. just started this ratio two days ago from what I've seen seems to be a standard Have always done low carb... giving this a try to see if I can jump off my plateau
    thanks! I'll try this!
  • pasha6
    pasha6 Posts: 3 Member
    Wow great to see others doing so well gives me Big hope, so far just lost inches and a few pounds so far will keep going!
  • pasha6
    pasha6 Posts: 3 Member
    Just trying what has been working LCHF
    Would like friends for support thanks ...learning lots
  • srl32000
    srl32000 Posts: 29 Member
    Happy to share!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    I've recently adjusted my macros to allow for more fat in my diet while still maintaining a moderate deficit as I was always so hungry maintaining the same calorie goal but with a higher carb allowance. Would love friends with open diaries for some meal inspiration!

I have done the same and I do feel better but I am concerned as I have high LDL cholesterol (not good) - high HDL (good) and low Triglycerides (also good)- has anyone had their cholesterol levels checked since starting the LCHF and what were the results? My blood pressure has gone down:). Thanks!
  • KatVarley
    KatVarley Posts: 534 Member
    Anyone welcome to add me... started more LCHF in the last week + ~~ Definitely keeping on the lowest carb lifestyle.:drinker:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    I'm thinking about going on LCHF because I'm here 761 days now and only lost 35lbs and a lot of my friends are on it and lost a lot of weight and they love it.
  • jen44922
    jen44922 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi, I am on the LCHF Facebook group, Jennifer Lynn here. Looking to share with likeminded individuals. Please add me.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Hi, I am on the LCHF Facebook group, Jennifer Lynn here. Looking to share with likeminded individuals. Please add me.
    I'm on there too!!
  • 1cafesvp
    1cafesvp Posts: 8 Member
    Hi,I started counting calories in Feb. 2014 then switched to Primal a few weeks later then to LCHF/keto. Macros are 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fat for 1500 calories. I love the fact that i have more energy than before and also that I sleep better however, my loss is really slow, only 17 lbs even though I always manage my carbs to stay between 20 to 25 gr. It is frustrating a bit but i keep hanging on. Slow and steady, right? Feel free to add me, for support, my diary is open to friends.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    O. MY. :laugh:

MFP *has* changed!!!!
    This time last year a 7 page thread on this subject turned ugly within the first page.

Glad to see things are more positive around here:drinker:
    I've been keto since last April & would love additional friends :wink:

Though I don't log very much, feel free to add me.
  • Jhuliette
    Jhuliette Posts: 4 Member
    I'm pretty new to LCFH, but I like what I see! Will be adding friends (when I figure out how, haha). It's been very important (for me) to log everything I eat. I actually started logging a few days prior to starting LCFH. It really set me aback to see what I was mindlessly stuffing myself with. The horrors! Anyway, nice to meet like-minded people. =)
  • Feel free to friend req me - I've been ketogenic low carb high fat for about 4 mos but living lower carb/paleo for years.
  • sparacka
    sparacka Posts: 137 Member
    Friend requests welcomed! I've been doing LCHF since the beginning of June and am down 20 lbs as of this morning. (Can hardly wait for a full year to pass so that I can come back and list myself as anecdotal proof of why this WOE is sustainable long-term). Though I've eliminated most refined sugar and wheat from my diet, I did eat a cupcake last night, in celebration of my son's birthday. I do not feel deprived, nor do I require special attention at family functions- I eat the meat and the veggies and avoid whatever starches are being served.
  • healthyfitjenn
    healthyfitjenn Posts: 36 Member
    I've been doing LCHF for about 2 1/2 weeks - would love to be friends with others doing the same!