What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• karlyy_mc
    karlyy_mc Posts: 16 Member
    Porridge! Easy and can be adjusted according to your fancy. With or without milk, fruits, seeds, nuts, sugar or salt, honey or condensed milk, PB, ANYTHING goes. Boom! Breakfast of champions!! For me followed by some nice raw cocoa with maybe 1/2 teaspoon of coffee and skimmed milk:)
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    I'm not going to go read through all these posts again but I believe this forum was where I saw someone mix peanut butter with oatmeal. As I'm adamant that I need peanut butter in the morning or my day is not complete, I tried this this morning. I mixed 1tbsp PB with lower sugar brown sugar and maple oatmeal and some frozen blueberries on the side. Best. Breakfast. Ever.

Peanut butter + oatmeal = heaven

I'm on a low-carb kick at the moment; however, ain't NOBODY taking away my beloved PB. I usually cut up a banana, add in some blueberries and swirl in 1-2 tablespoons of my fix ;)
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    usually a cup of oats with a scoop of whey and tbsp peanut butter mixed in or a cup of egg whites with salsa/fat free cheese and toast or a bagel.
  • amosmoses88
    amosmoses88 Posts: 163 Member
    3 liquid egg whites, 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, ground peppercorn, chopped/dried chives. Then put that on a whole wheat sandwich round with 2tbsp of mayo. Yummm!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I typically eat 1-2 eggs, egg whites, steak/bacon/ham, potatoes, coffee, milk, cereal (fruit loops esp)

My breakfasts can range from 350 calories to 1000 depends on my appetite.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    I have a two part breakfast.
    1 prework out is an omelette of some kind, lately I'm favoring chicken, spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
    2nd is Greek yogurt with chia seeds and unflavoured whey protein powder.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Oatmeal is the best. 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup..with water. Add fresh or frozen blueberries (or berries etc) I prefer frozen blueberries.
    And I mix some mix cereals in it too..(kinda dry oats with nuts or fruits etc) i put just a 1/4 cup (give some texture to the oatmeal).
  • I enjoy a Flat Out Wheat with Flax wrap with an egg white and one or two pieces of premium sliced ham. Also, I usually do a NutriBlast in the am. Of course coffee and non dairy creamer. Sometimes I'll put a sprig or two of Dole Spring Mix on the wrap.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    i normally have two whole fried eggs with coffee, though I should probably something else, but my breakfast calories seem to be too low. Maybe add a small bowl of oatmeal?
  • I'm not going to go read through all these posts again but I believe this forum was where I saw someone mix peanut butter with oatmeal. As I'm adamant that I need peanut butter in the morning or my day is not complete, I tried this this morning. I mixed 1tbsp PB with lower sugar brown sugar and maple oatmeal and some frozen blueberries on the side. Best. Breakfast. Ever.

I'm on a low-carb kick at the moment; however, ain't NOBODY taking away my beloved PB. I usually cut up a banana, add in some blueberries and swirl in 1-2 tablespoons of my fix ;)
  • Have you tried the PB2? I agree - Peanut Butter has been a staple my whole life! I'll peel a banana and sprinkle the PB2 on it - very good without all the FAT.

I'm not going to go read through all these posts again but I believe this forum was where I saw someone mix peanut butter with oatmeal. As I'm adamant that I need peanut butter in the morning or my day is not complete, I tried this this morning. I mixed 1tbsp PB with lower sugar brown sugar and maple oatmeal and some frozen blueberries on the side. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
    [/quote]

[/quote]
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    60 pounds lost, and not once did I concern myself over how much or how little I ate for breakfast, or dinner for that matter. Stick to your calorie goal, try to stay close to your macros, and don't worry about timing. If you eat less, you will lose. period.

I completely agree!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    My drive thru breakfast. Mc Donald's large coffee, 1% white milk, 2 packet of Splenda and an egg white(they will sell you the egg white without the sandwich) only 120 calories , about $2.60, super convenient
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Protein shake and Honeycombs
  • oiypus
    oiypus Posts: 30 Member
    Have you tried the PB2? I agree - Peanut Butter has been a staple my whole life! I'll peel a banana and sprinkle the PB2 on it - very good without all the FAT.

Interesting! I'd never heard of it before. I may give it a shot once I start working more carbs into my regimen. At the moment, since I'm vegan, I'm grateful for the 8-16 grams of fat from my gooey paramour! They keep my body cells together and keep me away from starches!
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Greek yogurt, or scrambled eggs and rice cereal. I always have coffee too :)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Eat for however you feel hungry for. Usually I'll have oatmeal with coffee and add some fruit to it such as a banana or blueberries, sometimes a half tablespoon of PB and/or a hard-boiled egg
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    1 cup egg whites
    1 piece of Arnold double fiber bread
    1 tbsp. of peanut butter
    (occasionally I'll add a banana to it)

or

A Spinach Shake.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    . I am, so I eat.

Or is it "I eat, therefore I am"?

*mindblown*

ETA: To answer OP: some days I don't eat traditional breakfast. On the days I do, I favor a PB&J. I like to try to jams...I've found I really like off the wall tastes.
  • 2 WHOLE eggs + a small bowl of oatmeal or a small bagel w/ cream cheese + greek yogurt

or..an omelet with cheese + greek yogurt