24 hour water fast/detox... Yes?

Replies

• faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    I like to wink.. Not trying to gain from it.. It's how I type. It's what I do. ;)
    Your sarcastic remark basically pointing fingers that since it came from Google.. I think it must be true. At least, that's what it looked like. I don't really see your point in making the sarcastic remark otherwise.. As I already stated I do not trust internet sources.
    Nope. Directed at the fact that so many people DO think its all correct. Sorry, thought that sarcasm would be obviously not directed at you since you have said multiple times that you personally don't believe that. Guess it wasn't obvious to you.
    And I already know my body cleanses naturally.. My body also naturally loses and gains weight. That doesn't mean I can't simply post a topic asking for advice or perspectives on water cleansing.
    You've been given the factual answer many times already. Don't see the point in asking opinion, particularly when you "already know" your body cleanses naturally. What else could do more than your body can't? Nothing, which, again, has been said multiple times.
    I'm sorry you think this thread is stupid. I have been kind .. Been upfront and honest. It's mostly ignorant commenters that make it stupid... We'll to me anyways. <<opinion ;)
    Sorry, but continuing to ask for opinion and ignoring the facts presented to you makes you look like a typical MFP forum troll, not a 'nice girl'. If that's not your intention, fine, but its what it looks like to me and obviously several other ppl or you wouldn't be getting those comments.
  • _Tay_
    _Tay_ Posts: 95
    I like to wink.. Not trying to gain from it.. It's how I type. It's what I do. ;)
    Your sarcastic remark basically pointing fingers that since it came from Google.. I think it must be true. At least, that's what it looked like. I don't really see your point in making the sarcastic remark otherwise.. As I already stated I do not trust internet sources.
    Nope. Directed at the fact that so many people DO think its all correct. Sorry, thought that sarcasm would be obviously not directed at you since you have said multiple times that you personally don't believe that. Guess it wasn't obvious to you.
    And I already know my body cleanses naturally.. My body also naturally loses and gains weight. That doesn't mean I can't simply post a topic asking for advice or perspectives on water cleansing.
    You've been given the factual answer many times already. Don't see the point in asking opinion, particularly when you "already know" your body cleanses naturally. What else could do more than your body can't? Nothing, which, again, has been said multiple times.
    I'm sorry you think this thread is stupid. I have been kind .. Been upfront and honest. It's mostly ignorant commenters that make it stupid... We'll to me anyways. <<opinion ;)
    Sorry, but continuing to ask for opinion and ignoring the facts presented to you makes you look like a typical MFP forum troll, not a 'nice girl'. If that's not your intention, fine, but its what it looks like to me and obviously several other ppl or you wouldn't be getting those comments.

With respect: I wasn't searching for facts .. Just perspectives. Because no one can give me a fact here on this topic. That would be believing a forum post.. Foolish.

So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones. Again, I'm on a forum.

I have however received tons of perspectives for which I'm grateful for. And I am not asking for more opinions.. Nor am I ignoring ones given to me. (Notice all my thank you's and "I'll look into that" to commenters? Or are you just focusing on what you choose?

In my OPINION I have received more than enough feedback on this topic. Not 'trolling' for more.

Thanks!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.

What on earth.
  • GTA64
    GTA64 Posts: 1
    There is a lot of good information on the Internet regarding intermittent fasting. I do it myself on a regular basis. As long as you're not on medication that would alter your blood sugar your body will be fine with periods of fasting.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member

With respect: I wasn't searching for facts .. Just perspectives. Because no one can give me a fact here on this topic. That would be believing a forum post.. Foolish.

So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones. Again, I'm on a forum.

I have however received tons of perspectives for which I'm grateful for. And I am not asking for more opinions.. Nor am I ignoring ones given to me. (Notice all my thank you's and "I'll look into that" to commenters? Or are you just focusing on what you choose?

In my OPINION I have received more than enough feedback on this topic. Not 'trolling' for more.

Thanks!

How are you determining that what you have received is not a fact simply because the method of communication is a forum?
    Additionally, since you do not know the credentials of the people who are replying, how are you assessing the credibility of their information?

If I tell you the earth is round, and I am a poster on this forum, is that opinion or fact?
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    So, a few quick questions for you OP...

Now that 5 hours have passed since you originally inquired about a water fast/detox, have you eaten anything yet today? Why or why not?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Everyone see that? Good. So it's /thread.

(Also...

Dear MFP,

Please allow us to "unsubscribe" from threads that we no longer want to appear in our "last 25" list.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    jofjltncb6)
  • _Tay_
    So no, I have not received any facts from anyone.

What on earth.

Once again... Please quote the whole phrase. Thanks :)
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member

Thanks!

Just because you choose not to verify them, does not mean they aren't facts.
  • _Tay_

Everyone see that? Good. So it's /thread.

(Also...

Dear MFP,

Please allow us to "unsubscribe" from threads that we no longer want to appear in our "last 25" list.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    jofjltncb6)

Agreed!
  • _Tay_

Thanks!

How are you determining that what you have received is not a fact simply because the method of communication is a forum?
    Additionally, since you do not know the credentials of the people who are replying, how are you assessing the credibility of their information?

If I tell you the earth is round, and I am a poster on this forum, is that opinion or fact?

I don't know anyone personally nor do I know if anything anyone says is factual. That does not mean I don't take it into consideration. Isn't that why anyone posts a topic? For opinions.. Stories?

And I'm not focused on the galaxy just health. If you told me anything I didn't know.. Like if I thought the earth was flat.. Just because you said its round.. Doesn't mean id believe it. But I would put it into consideration. Just as I am all perspectives of water cleansing
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    You are a success, not a gimmick.

That's beautifully stated!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Thanks!

You did not want facts - that is pretty obvious.

You still do not seem to understand what it means to be provided with credible and peer reviewed research. You also seemed to be pretty sure about certain things that 'you think you read' and yet links to articles that actually cite relevant sources, are opinions. Riiiight!

Good luck with your gurney!
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member

Thanks!

You have received facts from credible sources. You are calling them perspective and opinion simply because its delivered via a forum. THAT is 'just focusing on what you choose'.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    You said this:
    I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones.

Then you said this:
    I don't know anyone personally nor do I know if anything anyone says is factual.

This is a contradiction. You did not receive facts, but you do not know if what anyone said is a fact.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Thanks!

You have received facts from credible sources. You are calling them perspective and opinion simply because its delivered via a forum. THAT is 'just focusing on what you choose'.

I think she is calling them opinion as they do not line up with hers. Confirmation bias at it's best.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member

Now that 5 hours have passed since you originally inquired about a water fast/detox, have you eaten anything yet today? Why or why not?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • _Tay_
    You said this:
    I have not received any facts from anyone.. Nor will I. At least, not credible ones.

Then you said this:
    I don't know anyone personally nor do I know if anything anyone says is factual.

This is a contradiction. You did not receive facts, but you do not know if what anyone said is a fact.

So what is your point? A grammatical error?

Is is just safe to leave it as this : I won't take ones post to heart.. And base it as a fact. But I will take several perspectives and make a decision for myself as a result?

I don't see any wrong in asking for opinions. Both for and against the cleanse. But I won't take anyone's post as a factual statement. Just being honest
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member

I was wondering the same thing.

There is zero chance she will give up the idea of the detox.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member

Thanks!

I think she is calling them opinion as they do not line up with hers. Confirmation bias at it's best.

Everything she says is a contradiction to back pedal from where she was previously wrong. Oh I didn't say that, oh wait I did say that, but you didn't quote the whole thing so it means something different. Oh I missread you again, so that means you missread me aswell. Oh I give opinions so what you say is an opinion.