Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Holy crap, off the wagon I went lol. My fitness is coming along, weight loss has slowed down bc I love food :smile:

The past 10 days have been rough. My grandfather passed away so I was in Ohio for a week. I got back and was home for less than 2 hours when we learned one of the deputies in my county had been shot in the chest and face. I dispatched for he and my husband several years ago. My hubs got dressed and went out. They found the 16 y/o suspect after several hours of him running thru the woods.

The deputy survived; his vest and the fact he fired back saved his life as the kid took off when he returned fire. I got to see him Wednesday; he's very drugged up but can kinda keep up with conversation. His ankle surgery and facial surgery both went well and hopefully, he'll be able to go home in the next few days.

http://www.wral.com/sheriff-harnett-county-deputy-shot-in-face-moved-from-icu-still-needs-multiple-surgeries/17494611/

**The kid was moved from the Harnett Co jail to the Wake Co jail bc he was scared. He said people kept coming in and staring at him. You tried to execute one of them, of course they wanna stare at you in the people zoo :angry:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,194 Member
    Options
    He shoots the deputy and expects five star hotel treatment. Why do we give criminals more rights and privileges than victims?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Wow, Bethanie.
    Glad the deputy's alive!

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. :'(
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sometimes it seems like I just keep doing the same thing over and over. It seems like I'm on some sort of hamster wheel and there are aliens laughing and pointing, "Look at him go! He really loves that wheel!"
  • canadjineh
    Options
    How apropos, @sufferlandrian. A hamster wheel lol.
    29qGdY.gif
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 -what a little jerk! Like, you tried to kill an officer, you SHOULD be afraid. You should be a whole lot worse off, but I digress.

@sufferlandrian - 100% feel your pain. My life must appear painfully boring from the outside, and sometimes it really is.

Side note: Does anyone want to read my hermeneutics textbook and just tell me what it says? I'll pay you in cookies.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    So you want me to interpret your hermeneutics textbook, hahahaha. JUST GIMME THE COOKIES OR ELSE !!
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *throws cookies and runs*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is Hermeneutics? Is that when you neuter Herman Munster?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I hate to ask a stupid question, but what is Hermeneutics? Is that when you neuter Herman Munster?

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused :lol: I do love cookies so...
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Hermeneutics= bible interpretation
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Also, cookies for everyone! You'll just have to come to my house to get them.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Honestly though, I think neutering someone/thing would occasionally be more fun than reading this textbook.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Free spay and neuter month here, Jen, if you want practice. I was at my usual SPCA shelter today for drop off of laundry soap donation and they tried to get me hooked on a pet again, tempted me with puppies. "You are welcome to come in any day and play with the puppies (to get them socialized)". I used to be addicted to the kitten room, I had to go cold turkey.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Peanut butter cookies. I miss peanut butter cookies.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Chocolate chip is my weakness. :smile: That and puppies. :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Back on for a 62 hour shift. I've got a second doctor on tonight so I may be grabbing a nap while she is still on.
  • jennifer_417
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So, I just found out that GrubHub is in my town now. Happy day, I can get something other than pizza delivered! Some cashew chicken is about to get in mah belly!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    People never cease to surprise me. I thought the guy who’s dog was shot was going to be as stubborn as when we saw him on Wednesday. He was pretty good to work with today. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    79.49% in my Hermeneutics class. I am disappoint.