Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Isn't that a pass.... who cares in the grand scheme of things. Will you be wishing you had a higher mark on your deathbed... I think not ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Haha I'll survive of course...its just annoying.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Hello all. Just coming back to this thread
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    Welcome back. Did you just come back onto nights or just spent time away from the forum?
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Just came back onto the night shift. 6 month rotations. Been on days for the past year
  • canadjineh
    At least with a six month rotation you have enough time to get used to your 'new' schedule. Welcome back!
  • sufferlandrian
    No kidding. I hated rotating shifts. I really hated when we changed every three days. Changing once a week was bad enough but when they switched us to every three times I decided it was time to get a new job.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    They are difficult to handle sometimes. Right when you get used to a shift it changes unless you do another 6 month stent
  • sufferlandrian
    I like being on straight nights. My neighbors are quiet and my family is accommodating. Now if I could just get the road crew to finish their job and go away. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    The main thing with the neighbors for me is the lawnmowers! I've had more than one daydream about shanking the guy who mows our lawn...the only thing that stops me is the fact that it's not his fault it sounds like he's mowing directly under my bedroom window the entire time.
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow. That would bite. We've only starting mowing lawns this week. My neighbors prefer to mow on Saturdays so I'm not home anyway.
  • sufferlandrian
    Two hours to go! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Worked at a boxing match last evening.... interesting. Everyone was well behaved, all dressed up (a fundraising event for charity - expensive table price for dinner & a 'show'), although one adult at the table with minors gave us difficulty about the NO liquor policy in that section. He had a pout-on and told me to just take away his wine - he refused to take my suggestion that he drink his wine in the standing room only area and then come back to the table. Trying to make a point?? *eyerolz*
    Lots of nice suits and beautiful gowns/cocktail dresses.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Morning
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    What do all you night shift people do?
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Coroner
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Really?!