Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,194 Member
    Options
    First night off in awhile and all I want to is sleep.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Wow, we must have all been super busy on our shifts. No one posting lately.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I picked up an extra shift last night. 6 hours sitting in my car, staring at tents, listening to homework text. Super fun.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I spent last night in surgery. I was doing the surgery, not having surgery. I love doing surgery! Not much time to post though.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Now I'm trying to get up the kahonees to get out and ride my bike with rain moving in.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Do you think my neighbors would be mad if I ripped up all their lawns and replaced them with astroturf that never needs mowed, so I can get some sleep!?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    LOL. :smile: I can totally relate to that. Fortunately, my new neighbor has a fascination with mowing bare chested in the evenings so everyone can see his physique. He is well built, but I don't know that anyone in the neighborhood cares.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Not much relief with the new vet. A lot of training and a lot of time spent looking over cases she is doing. She is catching on fast, but there is just a lot that needs to be learned.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    The energy you put into her training will be paid back in full when she gets up to speed. Then you can breathe.

Three weeks ago my phone went into the lake off the wharf at high water.... water has dropped enough that my husband found it on edge between two large rocks. I've partially taken it apart (just the easy stuff at present) and have soaked those bits in alcohol and 'scrubbed' the crannies and contacts with a Q-tip under the liquid. Now comes the tougher part, I have to take out all the screws, take out the cameras, the speaker & mike, and anything else with a contact point and scrub all that up in alcohol too.
    Alcohol displaces the water if any is left and it cleans the contacts and helps get rid of any sediment from the lake water.
    Wish me luck, I'm following a Youtube tutorial for the same phone as mine that has had success with salt water accidents and 'going thru the wash with bleach & soap' accidents.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    *tumbleweed rolls through*

Guess we're all pretty busy, myself included
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Checking in. How's everyone?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    *crickets singing*
    I know whatcha mean.
    Phone is a bust - way too corroded thanks to the battery sitting in it for 3+ weeks. Still have the SIM card but haven't checked it over yet. Looks pretty pristine....
    Getting you all up to speed: I was in a 2 vehicle car accident in the afternoon of the 22nd on my way into town and my Honda Accord V6 was written off. The other driver was found 100% at fault and the insurance co. paid off decently but that only left us a couple days to find a new-to-us vehicle while we finished off the paid-for rental. BTW, loooooved the Impala we had for 2 1/2 weeks, but don't wan't to pay 42,000 for a car.
    Found a great 2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 with very low miles on it - a local car with no accidents and full regular care from the dealership. A senior couple owned it - he was no longer allowed to drive - so it's been well taken care of and not 'ridden hard and put away wet.' The dealership dropped the price for us - especially appealing. Although it's not an exciting looking car, it's got plenty of room for toting around the aged parents and runs like a deer. I had exciting looking cars when I was younger, and will again when I'm older and have no need to chauffeur anyone more crippled than I.

OK everyone.....
    your turn.
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I have been incredibly busy dealing with schoolwork, work, helping my mom, and a number of other projects. I've been dealing with a lot of emotional stuff from my past, as well. So all of that has kept me occupied.
    @canadjineh -Sorry to hear about your wreck and your phone- but hey, new stuff! I'm about to get a new phone myself, this one is dying of old age, even though it's only about 2 years old... :neutral:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    @sufferlandrian - you still alive out there?
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Maybe now that he has assistance in the vet office, @sufferlandrian has pulled a Rumpelstiltskin on us.... finally asleep, for 100 years (to catch up, lol).
    Sorry to hear about your emotional stuff, but it is good to work thru all that and you will feel better for it (not stuffing it in a mental box to pop out when you least expect). Hugs @jennifer_417! And Yaaay, new phone!

Now in the middle of helping my parents sell their house (w/o realtor).... Nice younger couple with 3 kids and not much money so we all feel good. Mom & Dad will have extra money for their senior residence, and the couple will get a good home for a decent price. We aren't being greedy although house prices around here are atrocious. BC has some of the highest prices in Canada, and we are on the outskirts of a 4 season resort area with lakes and mountains.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Reads for your next boring shift: Human Operating System blog on Circadian Rhythm Disruption and ties to Diabetes and Depression Very interesting - I subscribe to their blog and get all kinds of sci-info on latest health-hacking studies.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Sorry for the absence guys. I've had some stuff going on at home. Things are starting to settle down but Still going to be spotty on here.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Hope all is OK, @sufferlandrian.
    This was my busy day today, then I start 9 straight nights tomorrow. Ugh! (not looking forward to that.)
    hd1cdscpps0c.jpg
    ukek2cmaa0zz.jpg
    ikcz7lgvehpq.jpg
    It was soooo hot today (38C) and the rest of this week will be even hotter. :o
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sorry for the absence guys. I've had some stuff going on at home. Things are starting to settle down but Still going to be spotty on here.

Sorry you're having a rough go, hope things get better. Glad you've got your head above water enough to check in, at least, I was getting worried!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Thanks guys. Starting to get worried myself. Starting to turn a corner I think.