Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    So I've been chatting with my landlady, and I think I've settled on an English bulldog. I was afraid she'd think it was too big, but she thinks it's ok. Now, if they just weren't so expensive! Even from a rescue, they're $500-600!
  • curvyycaloriess
    curvyycaloriess Posts: 1,260 Member
    So I've been chatting with my landlady, and I think I've settled on an English bulldog. I was afraid she'd think it was too big, but she thinks it's ok. Now, if they just weren't so expensive! Even from a rescue, they're $500-600!

I'm so excited for you! I wanna see a photo. <3

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    My friend in Arizona has two Bullies. The are a bit of a bother to care for as they have breathing problems, issues with skin folds, and difficulty drinking from regular water bowls because of their large heads and shape of their jaws. They are cute though. She had to get a raised 'fountain waterer' for hers. She had three but one died of cancer.
    Gonna be 26C here tomorrow and Sat! Woot Woot!! Summah is on its way!

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,186 Member

Are you sure? They have a lot of health problems and are expensive to keep healthy. I had a vet friend who said if he could see only english bulldogs and cocker spaniels, the skin problems alone would keep him in new cars every year.
  • curvyycaloriess
    curvyycaloriess Posts: 1,260 Member

Are you sure? They have a lot of health problems and are expensive to keep healthy. I had a vet friend who said if he could see only english bulldogs and cocker spaniels, the skin problems alone would keep him in new cars every year.

Just because a dog might have a lot of health problems doesn't mean they shouldn't be put in a loving home where someone can be there for him or her. I would get an English Bulldog in a heart beat if I was allowed to have another animal where I live. I already have a dog and 2 cats lol. My dream dog is a black Pitbull though. <3
  • jennifer_417
    Hm. I researched them several years ago and have loved them a long time, but I think I kind of glossed over the potential problems in my mind. I appreciate the heads up and will definitely take that into consideration.
  • jennifer_417
    edited May 2019
    @curvycaloriess - Honestly, I'd love a pit bull, too, I think they're awesome dogs. But my landlady doesn't like them. Maybe someday.

I'm leaning back towards the French bulldog at this point.
  • sufferlandrian
    I love Frenchies. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    BTW, the crush situation seems to be going well. Slowly moving forward.
  • canadjineh
    It was 31C here this past weekend, luckily we were by the lake for the Beer & Cider Festival... a good time was had by all. Tons of craft brews from all over the province. Over 60 brewers and 120 beers & ciders, and good bands. We took pictures early before a ton of people got there later in the afternoon.
    551ux5tj20v9.jpg
    fqvpkhuvvl9p.jpg
    55khz1i6ynrx.jpg
    onvw5wwrr411.jpg

• canadjineh
    It got MUCH busier later - this photo is from the newspaper:
    tvx8wrbj5vqr.png
  • jennifer_417
    That DOES look like a fun time!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    That looks like a blast!
  • sufferlandrian
    Nothing like an unknown toxin case in the middle of the night to kick your butt. I'm ready to go home.
  • bethanie0825
    Nothing like an unknown toxin case in the middle of the night to kick your butt. I'm ready to go home.

Gah making your brain work when you want to sleep
  • sufferlandrian
    Nothing like going home to a daughter having a meltdown when all I really want to do is sleep.
  • jennifer_417
    Dang that's a tough go. Did you figure out the toxin? Did you let your daughter live?
  • bethanie0825
    Nothing like going home to a daughter having a meltdown when all I really want to do is sleep.

It's like adding insult to injury
  • canadjineh
    Toxin & meltdown not related, right?? ;)
  • sufferlandrian
    She has "Borderline Personality Disorder". She has meltdowns a lot and spends hours screaming and pounding on things and breaking things. We're constantly cleaning up broken glass and replacing dishes or lamps. Her bed needs to be replaced now but I'm hesitant to pay for another bed just to have her break it. I may just have her mom move the mattress to the floor.