Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    New Dandelion Tires for bikes.... will be used at the Tour de France this year: https://gearjunkie.com/continental-tire-dandelion-rubber-bicycle
    Formal unveil by Continental. Should be interesting!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    zjv5l25opsto.jpg
    p38xue7zu9y8.jpg
    My new bike. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Gorgeous!
  • sufferlandrian
    Had a couple of girls come in with a kitten last night. They have to be over 18 to authorize services. We asked if they were over 18 and one of them said yes. However, when we asked for IDs, she said, "Well, not quite." :smile: What are two girls, one 15 and one 17 doing driving around at 12:30 at night on a school night. And where was their mother? They called and talked to her but they said she wasn't home. They checked her location on the phone tracker and their comment was, "Wow, that's a big house. That must be a rich guy." What????
  • jennifer_417
    Oi. I feel some concern for those girls. What happened to the kitten?

So, I found out this morning that I do not qualify for any type of home loan. Even though I'm getting a good chunk of inheritance money, I have to show that I'm making enough income at a job to make the payments, which I don't. So, looks like I'll be moving. Honestly, I'm mostly ok with it. I've been feeling kinda....weird? here at this point, so maybe it's a sign that it's time to move on.
  • canadjineh
    HOO-EEE! Looks like a stealth machine, all flat black carbon lookin'! Great background too!
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow Jenn, I'm sorry you didn't qualify. Moving is a pain in the butt. Still, it's a chance to start over with some things and leave some of the painful reminders behind.

Jineh, It is SWEET! Carbon wheels, disc brakes, electronic shifting and tubeless tires. I was up to 35 mph coming down Going to the sun road without even trying. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Jenn, the house hunt can be exciting, and a fresh start too. You can make it completely your own.
  • canadjineh
    FIFA Women's World Cup Football - Italy vs. Australia starts in 2.5 hrs.
    Canada vs. Cameroon Mon at noon.
    We'll see how my two fave teams do....
  • jennifer_417
    Honestly, I think I'm ready to move on. I've got my eye on some cute little townhouses close to where I already live. Bay windows in the master bedroom and a gas fireplace, and the price is great.
  • sufferlandrian
    Jenn, sounds like a really nice place. Hope that works out. :smile:

Jineh, Saw the Italy game. That was a close one! I don't know if you saw it yet so I'll leave it at that. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    You bet I watched it, with hubby from the comfort of the pub with dinner. <3:D<3:D
  • jennifer_417
    t03qsudwwptf.png

@sufferlandrian -is this you??
  • sufferlandrian
    It could have been. :smile: I had a badger chase me once. That will inspire fantastic sprint results. :smile: I never looked back until I couldn't hear the jaws popping. They snap their teeth when they are mad. He must have gotten tired and turned back because I never saw him again. That doesn't break my heart. :wink:
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Had a much needed break from work and computers. Back at it tonight, yay! I did give up drinking my energy drinks while I was off. I'm still drinking my Diet Sunkist but it has like 10% of the caffeine that my energy drinks had. I've been clean since last Tuesday
  • canadjineh
    @bethanie0825, No more.....
    9e633qqaqdgm.png
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @canadjineh :lol: Nope!! I really wasn't tired last night and I feel fine today. No more skipping heart beats either :neutral:
  • sufferlandrian
    The new vet starts on the 24th. People keep thinking I'll have all this time off, but I have to come in and train him. At least I don't have to write the records. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    @bethanie0825 - I try to skip as many heart beats as I can. I'm saving them up for later in life. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Let's cross our fingers for the new vet....