Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I'm pretty sure there was a bunch of alcohol involved....
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,193 Member
    There usually is. It's like the here hold my beer stories.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Ugh. People be everywhere...just out peoplin.' Best to stay indoors.
  • sufferlandrian
    8i22xy98do1l.jpeg
  • sufferlandrian
    I love biking in the morning. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    Same. I knocked out a couple miles hiking this morning before I head back to work the next couple nights.

Only nightshifters know what's it's like to be grilling food at 9am :lol:
  • sufferlandrian
    LOL. Truth. My neighbors thought my house was on fire when I was grilling at 2 AM. 🤪
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Also, the Sonic cashier will judge you when they hand you a milkshake at 7 am.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member

Hahaha, just call it your "breakfast smoothie."
  • canadjineh
    Um, they don't just sit on the trailer!?!?!? What!?

Never a dull moment in public safety. I just took a call for a woman screaming bc she didn't know it would cost $30 to have a cab take her home and she only has $2. How was she suppose to know!? Thankfully, it's not in our city limits so the sheriff's office has to go handle that fun stuff.

Don't the cabs there take credit cards? They do here... or if you don't have one, they'll take you to an ATM to get the cash you need. But $2 ??? Definitely alcohol involved o_0
  • bethanie0825
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Um, they don't just sit on the trailer!?!?!? What!?

Never a dull moment in public safety. I just took a call for a woman screaming bc she didn't know it would cost $30 to have a cab take her home and she only has $2. How was she suppose to know!? Thankfully, it's not in our city limits so the sheriff's office has to go handle that fun stuff.

Don't the cabs there take credit cards? They do here... or if you don't have one, they'll take you to an ATM to get the cash you need. But $2 ??? Definitely alcohol involved o_0

She claimed she didn't know that all she had left on her card was $2. She magically went into the house and came back out with money. Miracles happen everyday lol
  • I love biking in the morning. :smile:

Me as well. Even though I live a mere minute & a half bike ride to work, I love biking to work & then taking a much longer route home. :smiley:
  • Same. I knocked out a couple miles hiking this morning before I head back to work the next couple nights.

Only nightshifters know what's it's like to be grilling food at 9am :lol:

So true! haha
  • canadjineh wrote: »

Hahaha, just call it your "breakfast smoothie."

Yup! haha

The local A&W is used to me picking up both a breakfast wrap & a Beyond Meat burger a little after 7 AM, after I've gotten off work, every so often. They no longer bat an eye at this. haha
  • sufferlandrian
    I know most of you don’t think it’s hot but it was 58 for a high two weeks ago and now we hit 90. I’m dying! I could kiss whoever invented AC.
  • bethanie0825
    I know most of you don’t think it’s hot but it was 58 for a high two weeks ago and now we hit 90. I’m dying! I could kiss whoever invented AC.

I live in central NC, we live and die by AC
  • canadjineh
    edited August 2019
    This week it's 28-30C which is our normal. Last month was strangely cool and rainy (BUT NO FIRE PROBLEMS, Yaaaay!) Good part of living here is that it always cools down to 13-18C at night so we sleep with all our doors open (screen doors closed of course) to cool the house down during the night. That way the central AC only has to work in the late afternoon for a few hours. A big money saver. And yah, we live out in the country, in Canada, so we don't even need to worry about unwelcome home invasions while we are asleep.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member

this is the best thing I ever purchased for my upstairs master bedroom..on the real hot days, the central air won't cut it upstair. this thing freezes you out if you set it low enough! I love it!

31gjIT5vfCL.jpg

• sufferlandrian
    Jineh, The home invaders you worry about are the raccoons and bears. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Poor owners. Gave their dog every chance possible but she didn't respond to the medications and we just had to put her down. Heart failed and the lungs were filling with fluid. At least they got to be here for it. Some just pass away and the owners don't get that chance.