my hubby paying me to lose weight

Replies

• lknickrehm01
    lknickrehm01 Posts: 3 Member
    I would love it if someone would pay me to lose weight. But it would have to be someone other than my husband, because his money is already my money. Also, I think I might be a little insulted by the offer from him. It would seem like he's both saying I need to lose weight (something he's never said) and that he thinks I can't do it without the incentive.

But I'd love it if a stranger made the offer.

I wonder how your husband would feel if a stranger made you that offer. Or if you actually accepted it! Talk about creepy...
  • im doing the same thing with a friend. her and i are in competition, and the person who is closest to their goal every month gets 20 from the other person. we've been doing it since september, and so far, ive won every month. it really is great incentive for me, since i dont make a lot of money, and i live on my own.im now half way to my goal weight. whatever it takes to motivate you, keep on trying.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope! Totally think it is not only creepy, but would make me angry :explode: :mad: :explode: at my Husband too. I want the right kind of support. I don't want to feel like I am not attractive enough for him anymore, and so he needs to try bribe me with incentives to lose weight.

Beside I see his paycheck before he does...lol! I do the finances in our house.
  • sarahmichel101
    sarahmichel101 Posts: 158 Member
    My original post was she may not see numbers go down even if she is getting healthier (EX: if fat is lost and muscle is gained). Eating at a deficit to what? Maintenance? Even at this level fat can be lost and muscle can be gained, even if it is minuscule. You got the pretty picture because you requested them. I said if you want academic peer reviewed then read up. I have taken my time and done the same. I will not write again and if you want to discuss it feel free to PM if it's so important.
  • emilybell66
    emilybell66 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow, lol .....you ladies must have a lot of time on your hands to be bothered so much about what someone is receiving from someone else as a gift for losing weight.
  • emilybell66
    emilybell66 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow, lol .....you ladies must have a lot of time on your hands to be bothered so much about what someone is receiving from someone else as a gift for losing weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    My original post was she may not see numbers go down even if she is getting healthier (EX: if fat is lost and muscle is gained). Eating at a deficit to what? Maintenance? Even at this level fat can be lost and muscle can be gained, even if it is minuscule. You got the pretty picture because you requested them. I said if you want academic peer reviewed then read up. I have taken my time and done the same. I will not write again and if you want to discuss it feel free to PM if it's so important.
    Even when a woman is lifting weights and actively trying to gain muscle, it takes a very long time to put on a single pound of muscle.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    I agree, it all depends on the context.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member

You keep saying this, but it doesn't make it any less wrong.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Am I really the only one who finds this creepy?

Nope! Totally think it is not only creepy, but would make me angry :explode: :mad: :explode: at my Husband too. I want the right kind of support. I don't want to feel like I am not attractive enough for him anymore, and so he needs to try bribe me with incentives to lose weight.

Beside I see his paycheck before he does...lol! I do the finances in our house.

What is the "right kind of support"? I assume you mean "I want the right kind of support FOR ME."
  • cmmckay1
    cmmckay1 Posts: 6 Member
    Agreed that is an awesome motivator!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

If she is at a deficit, ie: trying to lose weight by eating less than she burns, then she will not see any appreciable muscle gain. Period. Your claim that the scale won't go down because she's gaining muscle isn't possible unless she's not at a deficit (aka no longer eating less that she burns/not taking the proper action to lose weight)

That's what I said before and you called me a troll but now you're clearly trying to skirt the issue. Wouldn't it be easier to just say you mispoke instead of flouncing like a little kid?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member

actually it is true. assuming a person eats a deficit you will not see less fat and added muscle. if you eat a deficit and work out then yes you will see added muscle weight. nothing extreme mind you.

Hmmm, it seems you are not yet ready to learn that Santa Clause is not a real person

yea because all the little kids in ethiopia have easily put on 5lbs of muscle each month due to eating at a deficit and no lifting weights
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    I admit, I only skimmed the responses……
    What the hell is going on in here? (other than the pretty article :huh: )

Stuff

Nevermind. I see exactly what is going on.... just another typical day. :wink:
  • Achrya

You keep saying this, but it doesn't make it any less wrong.

But it does make it more funny. It's not like I've spent time looking into bulking vs recomp, am part of groups based around bulking, am following women doing both recomps and bulks on instagram, have made gaiming muscle one of my top goals, and lift weights or anything. Clearly I am the one who is wrong.
  • Achrya
    I admit, I only skimmed the responses……
    What the hell is going on in here? (other than the pretty article :huh: )

Stuff

Nevermind. I see exactly what is going on.... just another typical day. :wink:

I had something else written but it gave too much away. Gotta slow play it.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    im doing the same thing with a friend. her and i are in competition, and the person who is closest to their goal every month gets 20 from the other person. we've been doing it since september, and so far, ive won every month. it really is great incentive for me, since i dont make a lot of money, and i live on my own.im now half way to my goal weight. whatever it takes to motivate you, keep on trying.

how's it working for your friend... who is ALWAYS losing? She must feel royally motivated.