Constantly STARVING need filling meals

2»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I would be starving, too, with any combination of food that totaled 1200 calories.
  • curlytoes79
    curlytoes79 Posts: 95 Member
    I tried 1200 cal/day (I'm 5'4" and about 133 trying to get down to 125). Couldn't do it - I was so hungry! I bumped up to between 1400 - 1500 calories/day for slower weight loss, but it seems to be working so far. And it's definitely sustainable for the long term.

Remember, you didn't put on all your weight overnight - you'll need time to take it off, and you'll also need to set the stage for *lifelong* healthy habits.
  • pplf2001
    pplf2001 Posts: 133 Member
    You should be eating your excercise calories back... MFP's calculation assumes that you are -- alternatively calculate your TDEE and subtract 20%.

What are you setting your weight loss at 2lb/week? 1lb/week? 0.5lbs/week?
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Since Sunday I have been struggling to keep under my 1200 calorie goal and not eat all my exercise calories back since I have been STARVING. I've been dieting since Monday the 6th and had lost 4.2 pounds on Monday the 13th. I'm not weighing myself again till the 20th. I have gone to the gym or yoga stdio every day since the 1st of the year. So I DON'T eat meat, so what are ideas for meals that are filling and stick with you and are very low calorie? I burn between 300-400 calories a day at the gym and other exercise per my HRM.

FIBER, FIBER, FIBER
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Since Sunday I have been struggling to keep under my 1200 calorie goal and not eat all my exercise calories back since I have been STARVING.

Problem identified. Eat more. Period.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    I sometimes load soups, stews, chili..,etc with spinach. That tends to help me feel food and it doesn't change the flavor of my meal that much.) And of course drinking a huge glass of water before your meal helps. (Some people eat an apple before having their meals). Best wishes:flowerforyou:

I meant feel full. (not feel food:laugh: )
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    But I wanted to FEEL my food. Pick it up and touch it and pet it, and squeeze it..
  • You feel like you are starving because you really ARE STARVING.

Eat, eat, and eat more of filling, healthy whole and natural foods.
    Check out the Canada or US food guides, they can give you a good indicator in how much to eat and proper serving sizes.

At trying to lose 20lbs as your goal, it should take months to get that weight off.

A better idea is to add strength training and get inches off.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    You are starving because you are not eating enough, that's all there is to it.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Do you eat breakfast? Here's a simple recipe that is very filling:

1/2 cup raw rolled oats
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 banana
    a few strawberries, blueberries etc

Food process until smooth. It's basically a cold porridge. If you want it thick like traditional porridge you soak the oats in the milk in the fridge overnight then blend with the fruit in the morning. And you can vary the ingredients to taste, of course.