• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,887 Member
    Options
    beef wellington.

1. tenderloin of beef
    2. puff pastry
    3. duxelles

easy peasy, lemon squeezy!
    Every season of Hell's Kitchen, I see the contestants preparing this and want to make it myself. But then I see everyone getting yelled at for screwing it up...and I feel too intimidated to try.:laugh:
    It isn't easy to do well, that's for sure.
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Please post if you share your food diary. I would love to get more ideas of mixing maybe 3 ingrediants together to make easy snacks, lunches and dinners. Easy stuff! Prewashed, premade. Like this: I just ate a whole wheat tortilla with honey and sprinkled oatmeal on it. no cooking invovled. Thanks!

Lunches & dinners: Elbow pasta with ground beef and diced tomatoes seasoned with garlic and whatever else you like.

Snacks: Almonds, peanuts, craisins, and dark chocolate chips for a yummy trail mix.

Celery sticks with peanut butter.

Cucumber sticks and carrots with hummus.

I usually prep a weeks worth of brown rice, ground beef, and asparagus or broccoli sautéed in olive oil and garlic then measure/weigh to accurate serving sizes and store in 5 containers.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt, protein powder, a tablespoon of jam. Mix and go!

ETA - another favorite, brown rice cake, almond butter, jam or choc chips.
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee
    8oz coffee
    1tbsp unrefined coconut oil
    1tbsp unsalted, grass fed butter (kerrygold)
    1tbsp heavy cream

Hit it with a stick blender or dump it in a blender, blend until mixed/emulsified. Delicious way to start your day and gives you tons of energy! I am on a ketogenic diet, so high fat is encouraged for me, but it's not bad for non-ketoers either.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    trader joe tuna in oil + trader joe mirepoix mix + TJ bagged spinach (about a cup chopped) : this makes a delicious and quick tuna salad even better if you can ad salt pepper and little lemon juice
    You know what tastes really good in tuna (don't knock it until you've tried it), about a half teaspoon (not too much) of Allspice, it makes tuna without mayo so much better, but actually I used to put it in my tuna when I had it with mayo too.
  • nanettemarrow
    Options
    I eat anything, but in moderation, my special trick is to have a large cup of hot green tea, or any tea, with no sugar after my meals. If you need it sweet use agave nectar. It helps with going to the bathroom, and it cleans your system out. You will feel great!! try it you will see.....
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    trader joe tuna in oil + trader joe mirepoix mix + TJ bagged spinach (about a cup chopped) : this makes a delicious and quick tuna salad even better if you can ad salt pepper and little lemon juice
    You know what tastes really good in tuna (don't knock it until you've tried it), about a half teaspoon (not too much) of Allspice, it makes tuna without mayo so much better, but actually I used to put it in my tuna when I had it with mayo too.

I like putting nutritional yeast in my tuna fish salads, too. It's a little boost of protein and a nice dose of Vitamin B for us cranky pants.