Please look at my diary!!! Need constructive criticism!

2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Normal Daily Activity - 1890 cal
    Daily Goal - 1200 calories consumed
    Daily Calorie Deficit - 690
    Projected weight loss - 1.4 lbs/week

Seems like sustainable weight loss to me. I also monitor the calories allowed per my fitbit account based upon my activity level, and it routinely comes up to 1150-1200 cal per day, so that's where I try to stay.

I was interested in doing Keto diet w/ 20% reduction. I used a calculator to determine my daily intake:

30g carb
    83g protein
    112 fat
    1450 cal / day

Atkins says not to worry about too much sodium in diet, as you need it to offset the lack of carbs. Hence the recent addition of chicken broth.

I drink 5-6 16.9oz bottles of water per day at work and sip on 24 oz cup at home until bed. I eliminated coffee and soft drinks. I may have an unsweet tea for lunch, if not, water.

And yes, I enter recipes at home based upon what I cook and the individual ingredients and accurate measurements.

So, I am going to add a couple of pieces of fruit per day to get my carbs up and more fiber in.

Did I mention that breakfast makes me ill? I have been forcing food into myself every morning and I HATE it. I just wonder if it's better to eat when you are physically hungry rather than forcing yourself to do it?

There is no magic about breakfast. It is not necessary for weight loss and has no added benefit to your metabolism. For some people it helps to keep them fuller throughout the day and gives them improved focus and mood. Others experience the opposite. Breakfast is one of those things that is all about personal preference. As long as you feel physically okay without it and it doesn't cause you to overeat or undereat throughout the day it's completely okay to skip it.
  • snorred75
    snorred75 Posts: 6 Member
    So, Scooby's says 1422 cal/day. It shouldn't be too hard to add 222 cal to my day. But no more breakfast. YUCK!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and steering me in the right direction!