Did losing weight make your face look older?

13»

Replies

• Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    My face actually looks younger now, but my neck is betraying me. I guess I had a really fat neck, because I know have that turkey neck going on. But it made me feel amazing when I went shopping with my son and I was asked if we were married! That never happened when I was 300lbs...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I get a lot of comments about looking youthful now, much more than I did 25 pounds ago. At the top of my weight-gain, I developed very chubby cheeks, an almost jowl-like look, and a thick neck. It was very matronly looking. That's mostly all gone now.

One sad side-effect is that I developed a bit of the 'turkey-wattle' thing on my neck. Yuck. I've read that it's partly hereditary (both my parents have it) and partly caused by a break in a piece of cartilage that supports the skin. I think that part makes me look very old, but everything else looks younger.
  • losing weight made me look younger..this is a good question, because I was TERRIFIED that if I lost the weight you would see every line on my face..not true..I actually lost a few years..people think Im 25, not 35..so that makes me HAPPY! Dont be afraid to lose for that reason..there are almost only positive benefits.