popcorn.gif
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    popcorn.gif

Popeye's first? :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    popcorn.gif

OMFG are you lazy...I'm actually offended by your lack of effort in that post...
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    popcorn.gif

Popeye's first? :)

Oh god you used the P word. I might have to get dinner there now.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    popcorn.gif

OMFG are you lazy...I'm actually offended by your lack of effort in that post...

I feel proud, then. Offending you is quite an accomplishment. Thank you.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Some of us are just Highly Sensitive People...

I was just thinking about *ahem* that yesterday!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    "You have to imagine the person who is taking the time to spend their days (and think of that great quote "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives," by Annie Dillard) spewing bile anonymously at other people -- rather than creating something of their own they actually believe in -- has got to be a pretty unhappy person.

Or if not unhappy then at a point in their lives where their happiness is actually only derived via the misery of others. Which, to me, spells sickness and suffering in spades.

Having empathy for the bile-spewer is such a more pleasant action than having rage or getting involved in some kind of who-can-be-crappier-to-one-another match. Just have empathy, yo. In all likelihood, however hard some anonymous person is trying to make you feel crap is exactly how much they are feeling crap themselves."
    I am glad you have taken the time for introspection... happy to see there will be less bile from you.

Ohhh, but I'm not the one spewing bile.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Will-Ferrell-Confused-Stare.gif
  • Can we organize a collective attack???
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    funny-Sheldon-Cooper-quote-Big-Bang.jpg
  • I regularly see folks complaining that people who point out an error in their thinking are making a 'personal attack' against them.

I'm curious: Did folks who got their answers marked off on exams in school feel that their teachers were making a 'personal attack' as well? Do you read this post - which names no names, and cites no posts, and makes no claims as to whether the observation is specific to this forum - as a 'personal attack?'

We have lost the ability to discuss anything at all...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    You do realize, that as teachers, we are now advised NOT to use red pen when grading a paper, because that much negativity and criticism might damage our student's highly sensitive self esteem.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    You do realize, that as teachers, we are now advised NOT to use red pen when grading a paper, because that much negativity and criticism might damage our student's highly sensitive self esteem.

No, I did not realize that.
    Sigh.
    God (or Steven Seagal... Your choice) help you. And us all.

FIFM :smile:
  • I say we should all just love one another.

Not necessarily literally, though. Although it would burn calories....
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    People who think forum posts are personal attacks obviously haven't spent much time on the internet.
    Just wait 'till they meet their first troll!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member

No, I did not realize that.
    Sigh.
    God (or Chuck Norris... Your choice) help you. And us all.

You think that's bad, I have a rant somewhere on here about grade repair programs. I like my purple grading pen. Grade repair makes me want to hit things, mostly my administrators, but the truth is, it's not their fault either.

And I prefer Steven Seagal.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    oFMF8iX.jpg

B2XjSfx.png
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I came across this today when I was thinking about "kind" vs "nice"...
    I think it's interesting...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/marcia-sirota/too-nice_b_946956.html