New to the Group? Introduce yourself here.

1383940414244»

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,424 Member
    Vraie2017 wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a diabetic support group?

I thought THIS was a diabetic support group.

Lowering and monitoring carbs was the thing that got my BG under control.
  • BigFatTron
    BigFatTron Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Everyone.

I hope everyone is happy and living their best life.

In the past month I have been diagnosed with a number of health issues which started with Fibromyalgia.

Wednesday last week I found out that I have Type 2 diabetes along with very high cholesterol and triglycerides, high blood pressure and rheumatoid arthritis. It was like a sucker punch to the gut and a sharp slap to the face. Although I'm being treated as an urgent case by our amazing NHS, I need to get my life and health in order.

While I attend my various appointment in the coming weeks, I wanted, with the blessing of my GP, to get the ball rolling on my healthier lifestyle.

I would absolutely love to make lots of friends within this group that I can hopefully ask the odd question of. In return I will be a source of encouragement, support and, when appropriate, a means of a good giggle.

Thanks for reading my annoyingly long post...sorry :#

Stay safe and stay well.

Michelle x

Hi Michelle,

How are you? I would like to make friends for encouragement too.

I've recently been diagnosed with T2 and fatty liver which is looking as though it's already progressed to NASH. I am terrified. This is on top of high cholesterol, high blood sugar, pcos, thoracic aneurysm and weight gain. Anything I was on a rung of the ladder with pre covid, was fast tracked with having suspected long covid. The prediabetes diagnosis last year sadly wasn't enough for me. Once I got the T2 diagnosis it was like a rocket was lit under me. I've begun intermittent fasting, cut out all processed/refined carbs and starches. I'm back at the gym 6 days a week and following something similar to the fast 800. In 4 weeks I have managed to get BP into the normal range (still on meds though) and my clothes are getting baggy. I'm going to stick with this for another 8 weeks then see where my numbers are. I've always been a yo yo er with weight and would eat for pleasure. The one positive of these diagnosises, is that it'stotally changed my relationship with food for the better.

I'm wondering if you've had some good progress? And now I must apologise for my annoyingly long post ha ha!
  • 2t9nty
    I would like to hear about progress too.

Good on you @BigFatTron. It sounds as if you are doing what you need to do and are seeing results!
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just a little about me - looking for others that are
    1) type 2 diabetic
    2) Chronic Kidney Disease
    3) Eating Whole Food Plan way, no animal, no dairy and no oil

Would like to get to know others that are doing this way of eating to control or get rid of any illnesses - my doctor just last week approved of this way of eating using The McDougall Plan as the source of what to eat and why - said if I do this way of eating for 3 months he is sure that my meds will be cut back by 1/2 and within 6 months I will more than likely be off pretty much all of the meds.

So if any of you are in this situation and would like to try this way of eating let me know

• Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 303 Member
    Hi. My name is Teri and I am a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic living in Alberta, Canada. Rejoined MFP to track my carb intake and lose all the weight I have put back on. MFP was recommended by my diabetic class 😊 It may take me time to relearn how to use this site again and figure out my macros for carbs but I am looking forward to it and already feel like I am home.
  • 2t9nty
    Hi. My name is Teri and I am a newly diagnosed T2 diabetic living in Alberta, Canada. Rejoined MFP to track my carb intake and lose all the weight I have put back on. MFP was recommended by my diabetic class 😊 It may take me time to relearn how to use this site again and figure out my macros for carbs but I am looking forward to it and already feel like I am home.

Glad you are here! I have found the MFP tracking to be a big help personally.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 2,301 Member
    @Momma_Grizz = welcome to the group. I see you are from Alberta Canada - I am from British Columbia Canada = also have diabetes plus other illnesses. Let me know if I can be of help - think we are all on different plans for our issues and we have to do what works for us. I am following The McDougal Program as per my doctors advice (The McDougal Plan is an old program written by Dr. John McDougal who is a cardiatic doctor and who has help all his patients reverse all the illnesses that they were taking meds for - such as diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure.. In 2 months mine are changing and some of my meds have been lowered already - so I know the plan works - but at any rate, welcome, come as often as you can to the chat thread (each month it is given a new name) and share what you are doing /learning = it helps us all when we all participate as much as possible