Breakfast?

13»

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Usually nothing. There is no reason to have breakfast unless you WANT to. Meal timing and frequency have no impact on weight loss except psychological and personal.

If I do have something, I might do a smoothie or eggs. Sometimes oatmeal.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    4 eggs and bacon every morning..cant go wrong with that.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    I eat oatmeal with 1 TBSP chopped walnuts, 1TBSP raisins, 2 tsp of shelled pumkin seeds and a dash of cinnamon. To top it with a 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    I have protein powder mixed with water or milk pretty much every morning because it's fast and easy. I put more time and energy into preparing lunch and dinner.
  • healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    I usually have 2/3 cup of greek yogurt, 1/4 cup of granola with added protein, and I will put fruit in it.... make it a parfait. Then I will eat 2 slices of turkey bacon and sometimes 2 egg whites. Or some days, I stop at McDonalds and get an egg white delight mcmuffin (ssshhhh, don't tell anyone). I didn't eat breakfast at all before I started this back in July... Now, I cant go very long without it.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Typically, Kashi Go Lean, skim milk and fresh fruit (half a banana or some berries)

Other times I put steel cut oats in the crockpot overnight with dried fruit. Depending on my mood I either have the oatmeal with smart balance and a packet of splenda or some brown sugar and a drop of milk.

Other times its breakfast out so maybe panckaes or Chorizo Hash, or something else, but usually it's one of the first two.
  • RelevantKnowledge
    RelevantKnowledge Posts: 41 Member
    Today I had:
    Vanilla 0% Greek yogurt- 100g
    Blackberries- 50g
    Blueberries- 50g
    Strawberries- 50g
    Hard boiled egg- 59g
    Whole wheat toast- 28g
    Butter- 1.5g
    Tomato slices- 137g

340 total calories
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Usually nothing. There is no reason to have breakfast unless you WANT to. Meal timing and frequency have no impact on weight loss except psychological and personal.

meal timings are very important, and they are important for your metoblism. You should eat within an hour of getting up so that you can kick starting your metoblism. If you are not timing your eating then your metoblism tens to slow and that is not something that is helpful for weightloss.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Boiled eggs, rolled oats with nuts, or a banana during the winter. Usually also grab a cup of coffee or cup of tea.
    I like simple.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    I have almond milk with a packet of vanilla protein and a bowl of whole wheat cream of wheat with berries on top. Keeps me full till lunch.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member

meal timings are very important, and they are important for your metoblism. You should eat within an hour of getting up so that you can kick starting your metoblism. If you are not timing your eating then your metoblism tens to slow and that is not something that is helpful for weightloss.

This is a myth and one that has been disproved time and time again by science. Do a search. Educate yourself. Your metabolism does not "slow" just because you don't eat. Tell that to all the people who do IF and have AMAZING results.
  • That cereal is soooo good. I use it as a treat! I love it with almond milk. It's not an everyday breakfast food for me. I wish I could have it everyday.
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    I usually have a breakfast sandwich comprised of the 35 cal per slice bread, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, and a tablespoon of salsa. Lots of flavors I crave while coming in under 200 calories and keeping sodium and cholesterol in check.
  • fasy1
    fasy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Just made my smoothie for tomorrow: blueberries, strawberries, greek vanilla yoghurt and a teaspoon of flaxseed. Yumm :)
  • averytds
    averytds Posts: 64 Member
    This week's fav is banana protein pancakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream, turkey bacon wrapped egg and spinach muffins and coffee. :tongue: