Yet another reason to avoid Subway

Replies

• DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    I would also say that the very fact that there is a high sodium content in many of their menu items is another logical reason why Subway should be avoided.

Sorry if I repeated the person above me thoughts on this subject.

However, the fact that there is way too much sodium in the American food supply can never be said enough...
    proper hydration and functioning kidneys will prevent problems with sodium.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Chemicals aside, the smell that wafts from the door of every Subway I've ever walked past is enough to make me avoid them! :sick:

I'm glad that's not just me! I'm not anti any kind of fast food or worried about food scares but the smell of subway makes me heave
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Chemicals aside, the smell that wafts from the door of every Subway I've ever walked past is enough to make me avoid them! :sick:

I'm glad that's not just me! I'm not anti any kind of fast food or worried about food scares but the smell of subway makes me heave

It smells like vomit! I can't even walk in without wanting to hurl!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,978 Member
    I like Subway.

anyone looking at my diary will see I eat it about once a fortnight.

Lucky I am in Australia and there is no azowhatsit in the bread here. :smile:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member

Err - what about Maccy D's?!! :bigsmile:
  • Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    I was saddened and sickened to hear this. Although they have now said they will remove the chemical I still think it is a good idea for us in North America to sign this petition and write Subway. I just did.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/02/04/launching-petition-subway-will-finally-hear-us-loud-clear/#more-16136

ETA: I should ad that this chemical is USDA approved and a lot of food companies use this and other "approved" chemicals. But that does not mean they should use it! The good news is that Subway has agreed to stop using it but it cannot be fast enough if you ask me so I still signed the petition but really we should all be going after the FDA!!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    I would also say that the very fact that there is a high sodium content in many of their menu items is another logical reason why Subway should be avoided.

However, the fact that there is way too much sodium in the American food supply can never be said enough...

As long as you're taking in normal amounts. Processed food is usually LOADED with sodium, often at levels 2-3 times what the body requires in a day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member

As long as you're taking in normal amounts. Processed food is usually LOADED with sodium, often at levels 2-3 times what the body requires in a day.

Still not as loaded as my salt shaker.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    bread_people_19.jpg

That's mean, she doesn't seem slutty to me?

Yeah - I'd eat that.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm..........................I love the smell of baking bread, always have.
    Sodium is not bad if you eat get a veggie with no cheese and red wine vinegar.
    I like subway, and will continue to eat there in spite of this hype.
    Are you 100% sure of everything that you are ingesting? Good for you if you really are!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I am getting subway for lunch today....
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    I'm just going to leave this here and be on my way.

we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg

...thought these things had arsenic too, but I think that's only if you eat the seeds....

:laugh:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    eating subway right now and the chemicals taste great!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member

I count sodium and potassium in my diary and eat processed foods every day. In spite of eating processed foods, I am consistently below the RDA for sodium and over the RDA for potassium.

Your argument is invalid.

Oh yeah... and sometimes that sodium comes from Subway. yum.gif
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

that's a pretty broad category..... what are you counting as processed food? Bread is processed, most cheeses, yogurt, milk, etc. Any food that goes throgh a process to prepare it for human consumption is considered processed. Canning, homogenization, pastuerization, are all processes. Dehydrating pasta and putting it into a box is a process.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Or you could avoid Subway because their food tastes like POOP POOP POOPIE POOP POOP
  • hei_ma_ma
    hei_ma_ma Posts: 61 Member
    Or you could avoid Subway because their food tastes like POOP POOP POOPIE POOP POOP

This is excellent advice! I've never liked Subway.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member

But some people do, and they should still go there and eat if they want to.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member

But some people do, and they should still go there and eat if they want to.

This is 'Merica you can eat whatever you want, I'm not going to subway for reasons previously discussed
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Totally unrelated...but your hair is dope Kickivale.:flowerforyou:

I'm with him. My hair is ombre but not nearly as awesome as yours.