Biggest Loser's Rachel Frederickson's 155 weight loss??

Replies

• It wasn't the total weight loss (which was impressive to say the least)

It was the fact she went from 151lbs from the last weigh in to 105lbs at the finale, in 30days!

If she was still 200+lbs then fair enough... but losing 10lbs a week when you're 130lbs.

Madness.

Lets hope she doesn't have a problem!
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    I must truly say, that she deserves a round of applause. 24 years old losing 155 lbs. She basically just got her entire life back in a few short months. To be only 24 and to weigh so much I can only imagine what that can do to a person mentally. Not just that but girl know she look good lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    I must truly say, that she deserves a round of applause. 24 years old losing 155 lbs. She basically just got her entire life back in a few short months. To be only 24 and to weigh so much I can only imagine what that can do to a person mentally. Not just that but girl know she look good lol
    Let's see what happens in the next few months. I hope she maintains well because she initially got obese from emotionally going into a funk after a relationship. With all that's being stated by media and society, will that affect her? Hope not, but never know. Season 2 winner gained back almost all of his weight. In fact like all diet programs, 90% don't maintain.

Here's some of the past contestants now:

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2013/01/25/former-biggest-loser-contestant-blasts-show-more-biggest-losers-gain-their-weight-back/

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bachampion04
    bachampion04 Posts: 137 Member
    Spoken true...its never during the program it's always after when there is no one pushing you but you
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    must truly say, that she deserves a round of applause. 24 years old losing 155 lbs. She basically just got her entire life back in a few short months. To be only 24 and to weigh so much I can only imagine what that can do to a person mentally. Not just that but girl know she look good lol
    Let's see what happens in the next few months. I hope she maintains well because she initially got obese from emotionally going into a funk after a relationship. With all that's being stated by media and society, will that affect her? Hope not, but never know. Season 2 winner gained back almost all of his weight. In fact like all diet programs, 90% don't maintain.

shame on you ninerbuff, how can you, a trainer, applaud such obvious OCD. You are to be educating the public and promoting health over weight loss. Yet you discuss the awful fact of rebounding, thus proving deep psychological problems behind this game show's contestants as well as props for someone applauding Rachel's obviously unhealthy over exercising and under eating regimen to get her to her BMI. (This game show does nothing but exploit already fragile human psyches!)

As I pointed out above, she is at a net calorie loss BEFORE even adding her RMR for a TDEE of a HUGE loss daily. She has serious mental health issues if she thinks that's being "athletic", as Rachel states in her interview.

- Coach Teresa,
    AFPA Certified ADVANCED personal trainer
    and horrified ...
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Omg, she aged 20 years. Yeah she's thin, but at what cost to her body?
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    I do watch the show and I think Rachel looks WAY too skinny. She went too far and could stand to gain at least 5-10 pounds so she doesn't look malnourished. She had NO muscle at the finale, she literally looked like skin and bones. She is supposed to be like 20-something years old, and after losing that much she looks like she's 40. Rachel, you looked so much better when you were an athlete! Please eat something and get healthy again!
  • mxmkenney
    I know we don't need another post about this but I'm going to post because I just watched last night and I was piiiiiiiisssed for the following reason:

Stupid girls like the ones on this post are looking at her and thinking "beautiful!" instead of "sickly". NBC and these stupid ****ing networks are the very things that define beauty in our society. They literally hold the keys to women's progression and they keep us locked up and beat us down every time we start to get stronger. We finally make moves in society to stop idolizing women who are so skinny they are actually unhealthy. We are finally starting to accept healthy women in advertising and look toward real role models and then they go and celebrate her for doing this to her body on purpose and make us all watch. Women (and sometimes men) check into rehab for **** like this. It's not something you celebrate or wish for yourself. **** you NBC. You suck and I hate what you're doing to our women.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!! She looked awful, and now has an eating disorder on the other end of the spectrum. She was a pretty girl when she was athletic (swimmer), but now she looks border-line anorexic and aged 20 years! Did you see the look on Jill and Bob's faces when she came out on stage? It was shock, but not in a good way...
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Jebus...am I the only one on MFP that doesn't watch that show?
  • Is it better to be a couple pounds underweight or many pounds overweight? I think underweight. Besides she'll probably gain 5 pounds back in no time now that the show is over and she received the money jackpot.
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    um.. didnt people end up sickly and unhealthy on that show Survivor??? .... for money... no one made a big deal about that.. People eat slugs and drink cow bile for money (fear factor) thats gotta be real healthy..no one is in an uproar about that unhealthyness for money...

just sayin..
  • It wasn't the total weight loss (which was impressive to say the least)

It was the fact she went from 151lbs from the last weigh in to 105lbs at the finale, in 30days!

If she was still 200+lbs then fair enough... but losing 10lbs a week when you're 130lbs.

Madness.

Lets hope she doesn't have a problem!

From what I read, it wasn't 30 days, it was 3 1/2 months from the time she left the show and 7 months overall.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Jebus...am I the only one on MFP that doesn't watch that show?

Nope,I have no idea who the winner is... I guess I did not miss much! I much appreciate all of my friends here who share their experiences.. thats how I learn and grow... That show isnt realistic at all... We just would love to have the quick results ....
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    I agree. Too extreme, but it is a game show and she won.

The-Biggest-Loser-15-measurements.png with the lowest bmi to prove it.

Doesn't look like she is too far off from being in a healthy BMI range.
  • I agree. Too extreme, but it is a game show and she won.

The-Biggest-Loser-15-measurements.png with the lowest bmi to prove it.

Doesn't look like she is too far off from being in a healthy BMI range.

According to an article I just read (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20784458,00.html) Rachel states she is 5'5" not 5'4" which actually puts her BMI at 17.5 not 18...

She spent 4 months on the ranch learning all about a healthy lifestyle and in 3 months she completely destroys her body. While being obese carries its own health risks... according to studies it is more dangerous to be underweight than overweight
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    um.. didnt people end up sickly and unhealthy on that show Survivor??? .... for money... no one made a big deal about that.. People eat slugs and drink cow bile for money (fear factor) thats gotta be real healthy..no one is in an uproar about that unhealthyness for money...

just sayin..

Those shows are not attempting to promote "healthy america!!"
  • mxmkenney
    I think most the negative things being said about her is just jealous people.

Nope. I am not jealous of her eating disorder, or her bony, muscle-lacking arms, or her skeletal face. I wouldn't mind the $$$ though. :) If I was 24 and ended up looking like 42, I would be very sad - not sure it is worth the $$$. If you watched the show, Rachel looked really good at the last weigh-in before the finale. She probably only had about 10 more pounds to lose, but she lost like 25 more! Like I said before, the look on the trainers' faces said it all.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    She looks like Skeletor :noway:

this^^ her face :noway:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    She took an idea and goal to lose weight and went hyper-extremist with it.
  • missdelarocha
    missdelarocha Posts: 32 Member
    So you're saying looking like you're 40 is inherently ugly and you feel bad for all 40 year olds. Gahd.

I'm in serious doubt about the route that was taken to achieve her end weight, but plus 5 pounds (or not even, she seems to still be carrying a little around her stomach) and she's the same weight as a Victoria's Secret model/celebrity and on the lower end of a healthy BMI. So ripping apart the way she LOOKS is totally dumb, what she eats and how she exercises are the parts to focus on.
    BMI is for masses, anyway, that's another topic.

Thin shaming is as bad as fat shaming.