Any Empaths out there? Hello? This thing on?

1234568»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Is it always like this here? Because, you do understand that some of us are brand new here and haven't a clue of what's gone badly for you previously.

welcome to MFP ….
  • ndj1979
    Is it always like this here? Because, you do understand that some of us are brand new here and haven't a clue of what's gone badly for you previously.

This is only my second topic ive made on here.. so i really dont know who its gone badly for before me.. honestly i couldnt care less... I see what I need to see and the rest is static haha.. Ive gotten a few messages from empaths from this post (i guess didnt want to come forward since they saw the welcome i got) And that was my aim! So... :-)

did they message you or telepath you?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
  • ndj1979
    I am an empath but this is not the place to post about this. The derp energy is overwhelming from some of the respondents.

is there a disturbance in the force?

any chance you ladies could pick the winning power ball numbers for tonight?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I cannot understand why adults act this way. I don't buy in to this stuff either, but 6 pages of posts to basically make fun of people?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Don't get involved in this topic if you have no interest in it, its that simple!!! Sensitive people are comprised of 15-20% of the world population, and it is found by science that their nervous system is wired differently than other people. Also empaths do experience weight problems, because they are very sensitive to others and energies around them, and they internalize everything. They have to learn certain modalities to help with weight and also a burnout problem etc.... I am a counselor by profession, and yes I am an empath also!!!
    Thanks,
    Gigi

Do you have links to these peer reviewed studies for the rest of us to look at?
    Check these references;
    http://www.hsperson.com/pages/hsp.htm
    http://healing.about.com/od/empathic/a/HSP_hallowes.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highly_sensitive_person
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/attending-the-undervalued-self/201107/understanding-the-highly-sensitivity-person-sensitive-int
    http://www.hsperson.com/pdf/JPSP_Aron_and_Aron_97_Sensitivity_vs_I_and_N.pdf
    http://www.junginstitute.org/pdf_files/JungV8N2p11-44.pdf

Links to about.com and wikipedia are not references. Any links to ACTUAL studies performed by medical/educational institutions and published by a reputable source and not "psychology today"?

Protip: If you couldn't use it in an essay at college without your professor going red in the face and bashing your skull in with a library catalogue, it's not a real study.

^Agreed. Wikipedia is not a citable reference :laugh:, and these links aren't peer reviewed studies.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I cannot understand why adults act this way. I don't buy in to this stuff either, but 6 pages of posts to basically make fun of people?

Yeah, it wasn't their finest moment. This whole thing was very sad.
  • tlatrice13
    tlatrice13 Posts: 162 Member
    Also empaths do experience weight problems, because they are very sensitive to others and energies around them, and they internalize everything. They have to learn certain modalities to help with weight and also a burnout problem etc....

So does every one else who struggles with weight problems (i.e., people who have an all or nothing mentality, introverts, etc.)

I'd never even heard the term 'empath' before today. Learn something new everyday!

So, in dealing with an empath, should one 'tread lightly'? Is that why it's important that they find each other? Are their feelings easily hurt?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member

So, in dealing with an empath, should one 'tread lightly'? Is that why it's important that they find each other? Are their feelings easily hurt?

The OP said earlier that she didn't care how others feel about her, only how she feels about others, so to me that would indicate no. But the sample size is small and it is anecdotal, so take that for whatever it is worth.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    *looks down and whispers* jelly doughnut

LMFAO!!! Now THAT was funny! :-)))

Now that's the kind of reaction that will lead to fun friends! I don't think anyone is bullying you, they're just breaking you in. You need to invest in a "sarcasm meter" and just roll with the flow. It's more enjoyable if you have fun. None of it needs to be taken too seriously. Personally, I love reading the posts that generate the unserious (that's probably not a word) as well as the serious responses. It's just boring to me if everyone is all kumbaya, etc. Have fun!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    I'm not sure I believe in empathic abilities, but I do believe in empathy. I also have read the science behind micro-expressions and body language and am full aware that some ppl are far more sensitive to those "languages" than others. Some ppl who think they are psychic are merely adept at reading micro-expressions.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    I could tell that the hot guy at the gym last night wanted a piece of this.

Is this how it works?

XD In dealing with micro-expressions and body language vs the supernatural, yes, this is *exactly* how it works.
    unless you just automatically assume every hot guy wants you, then no.. thats not Empathy, its Ego.. <3
    Yerp.
  • I scanned this during breakfast with the boyfriend.. He thought some of it was very clever... To the women that asked why id bring this here to a fitness site, why not? Empathy is who I am, its part of my everyday life.. just like being fit.. It would only stand to reason id want to find like minds to motivate and be motivated by! ..:-))

Just how I am in life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0m3Lfkzcw4

peace People! <3
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    People pick the strangest things to make up about themselves to feel special.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Just wanted to say you seem like a really nice person and the fact that you're having a positive attitude throughout the whole thread makes me want to be friends with you :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    For the record, I don't find the Rosa Parks thing to be offensive in the least.

/.02

Me either, but i really dont like thinking that i did offend someone.. This whole post started by me just trying to find some common ground with other people getting in shape.. I didnt think itd be like this..

A real empathy would have had more empathy for Claudette Colvin. Just sayin.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I'm not sure I believe in empathic abilities, but I do believe in empathy. I also have read the science behind micro-expressions and body language and am full aware that some ppl are far more sensitive to those "languages" than others. Some ppl who think they are psychic are merely adept at reading micro-expressions.

This. And any number of things can generate a particular habit of paying attention to those things. Children who grow up in abused or unstable homes, adults who find themselves in unstable jobs or relationships - it's a coping mechanism. Built to help read the unspoken signals of when **** is about to rain down from the skies so you can batten down the hatches and survive the coming storm.

Nothing psychic. Nothing special. Just a coping mechanism. Useful? Yes. Necessary? No. Psychic?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRivcK58m2AvKPViASazpoSzgbrHYOnOq1NnxDFhVXVnU84Tc6L
  • Coetzee88
    Coetzee88 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there,

I recently got married and lost a total of 11 kg, now that I am married I need to get inspired again.

Any advise
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Hi there,

I recently got married and lost a total of 11 kg, now that I am married I need to get inspired again.

Any advise

Might be better if you created your own topic about that. You'll get more specific and tailored replies. It's also general forum etiquette to not "hijack" a thread by asking unrelated questions in another thread. (Not trying to be harsh, MFP seems to be a lot of people's first internet foray, so it's possible you didn't know.)