Anyone got FitBit Flex that can help me?

2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    For any step-based activity you don't need to log. Fitbit will estimate your calories burned due to the pace/# of steps. MFP will compare the Fitbit calories burned to what MFP thinks you will burn based on activity level.

IF you do swimming, biking, etc. just pay attention to what your start/stop times are. Log in MFP biking 3pm to 4pm and it will replace the Fitbit data from 3pm to 4pm with biking calorie burn.

I don't have the Flex, I have the ONe. I've not had issues w/ it logging fake steps while driving.

Fitbit uses your BMR & your activity to estimate calorie burn. You are always burning calories just from being alive. That's why you wake up w/ calories burne.d
  • Does anyone know how to reset the account...like if you buy a fit bit from someone and they had it linked already to mfp....mfp says " only 1 account can be linked at once" I don't know the info for the old account.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Why does my fitbit flex say I have burned 359 calories when I first wake up in the morning? And I am so confused about the calorie deficit. Can someone please explain what it means?

Because your body burns calories just by being alive...Fitbit doesnt just track calories from steps, but overall calories burned by your body all day, including the ones that keep your body functioning.