Obese in the gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I went once and I couldn't go again. I'm down on myself a lot as it is because of my weight and don't even like going anywhere. I bought a treadmill instead. Plus in the end, it's cheaper.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I respect heavy people in the gym as they are trying to live a healthy lifestyle
  • Jenn842512
    Jenn842512 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As a tiny fit person who's in the gym all the time, I will say this from my perspective - I think very overweight people who are there are to be admired. It makes me happy to see people starting and following that path.

Don't let anything keep you from getting everything you can out of life! We're all on the same team :)
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" 240ish lbs and go at least three times a week to strength train. I also go in for cardio if the weather is bad and I can't run outside the couple days a week I do. I started at the gym when I was 365lbs though just doing the elliptical and treadmill at first. I feel like it's helped my lifestyle out a lot overall even if I didn't end up thin (yet). Never had any bad experiences at the gym resulting from my size. I think most people are indifferent to others at the gym and just do their own thing. The ones that aren't are usually helpful.
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My last update got lost in the mess, so will just update again:

First day in gym today. Did cardio for an hour. Feel tired, but good tired. The world didn't blow up, people didn't laugh at the fatso etc, was all good :)

Plan is to gym Tue, Fri, Sun, Zumba on Wed. Have to email away for a personal trainer type class, just to get some help/advice on what program I should do, and help on using the weights rooms. When I went in today there were only guys, a bit intimidating! Thanks for all your help :)