Replies

• Lesa1129
    Lesa1129 Posts: 66 Member
    what is acv?
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    what is acv?

Apple Cider Vinegar?
  • Yes Apple Cider Vinegar. Not a fan of the strong smell but I've been adding it to a small amount or organic apple juice, water (abt 6-8 oz) and 2 drops of stevia. Take it just before bed.

Considering the pills but I'm not a fan of taking supplements because you never know about the qualtiy. I may keep some on hand just in case.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    I took Metformin for years and years before I got the diarrhea associated with it (apparently it always comes at some point) - I was taking pretty big doses (1000 twice a day)

when I got off of it, I was so relieved not to have the diarrhea any more :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I took it for 2 years, then was off for about 18 months, and started taking it again back in October. It usually takes me about 2-3 weeks to get over the more common side effects (vomiting, gas, diarrhea, cramps), but once the initial period has passed, I'm fine.

I can't stress this enough: eat something before taking it. I take insulin twice a day, but was put back on the metformin to help with ovulation, as we're trying to start a family. I take mine at night, after my last meal. Haven't had a problem past that first 2-3 week period.