Couples - Post your success pictures and or story

Replies

• STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    No pics or I'll be sleeping with with the dogs.

Since May we've been doing this together. She's 5'3" has gone from 177 to 142, five pounds away from a healthy 137.

I'm 5'9" in May I had Tachacardia which is the unfortunate incident that scared the living cr@p out of me, I guess it was a good thing. I've gone from 215 to 165.

Better yet my Tachacardia is gone as well as hypertension, high triglycerides, and GERD. I no longer take any meds at all. Wife has been able to cure GERD, high cholesterol and cut back over 60% on other meds. Both of us no longer snore either.
    Wow....thanks for the report.. This is so inspiring! Look at the health benefits, in addition to the vanity!!!! High Five!!!

• STLBADGIRL
    melduf wrote: »
    Not the best pics, but they were the only I had on hand. We both lost 50 lbs. I have 10 lbs to go and Hubby wants to lose another 20 lbs.

59ka68hkihww.jpg

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing. It is so great when your partner is working with you and/or supporting you!!!
  • fanyob
    fanyob Posts: 10 Member
    Bump
  • STLBADGIRL
    bump
  • STLBADGIRL
    hmmmmm, any new stories....
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    edited August 2016
    Wish I could get SO to lose weight with me. This is inspiring.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    Wish I could get SO to lose weight with me. This is inspiring.

Show him this thread. It's better when you guys do it as a team effort. Make it fun, introduce him to new active activities.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    s0k59my4vq73.jpg

This WAS me. Weight: 230 pounds. Size 18 jeans, L/XL shirts.

I was working a underpaid job and was basically wasting away eating, drinking, smoking. My weight went to 230 pounds; heaviest I ever had been in my life at the time. While I tried to look for another job that paid better, my husband introduced the idea of going into the service. I remember thinking yeah right, look at me; but no, he said; think about it. Go talk to a recruiter and see what happens. So I perked his interest and went to see one. He told me the obvious and said I would have to lose about 50# before they would even get paperwork started. My goal started right there. Jan 2011, I committed myself and my husband to eat better and workout. I made changes when I would go to work (take stairs instead of elevator, more rounds to walk, etc.) By late March 2011, I lost the 50# that the recruiter wanted me to lose. He was so shocked at what I've done and how fast it came off. April I signed my contract to the U.S. Navy and left for boot camp 2 months later.

With my new change in career, another aspect came into play......motherhood. I gained 75# and struggled through the whole water weight, PT sessions, food (on a budget with low money because of my rank). It took me about 15 months to get to where I was pre-pregnancy. So that's 75# loss in 2 years. When I went to my command in Virginia, I didn't want to struggle to make weight and starve myself to get an extra couple pounds; I didn't want to have to be tapped every time I would fail my weight-in. My husband and I decided to get a gym membership at One Life Fitness in Norfolk. 2 hours a day for 5 days I would train with my husband doing strength training and cardio sessions. I saw my weight drop to 164 from 179..another 15# gone (total now 85#). Right before I left for Christmas leave, I was down to 159....5# less (90# total). Deployment was waiting for me in Jan 2015 and I kinda embellished while on leave; eating whatever I want, drinking (getting the good times with family and friends). Came back to Virgina and was on deployment. I worked out on the ship 2 hrs/day 5-6 days a week. I may have shot my weight up to 165 but it was gone by the time I got back to the states 5 months later. While I didn't check my weight, I was down to a size 10 in pants, Medium dresses, medium shirts. I felt great and everything was right.

Then when my active duty term was over, I started to get lazy...by Jan 2016, I was 190 pounds...getting back into the same rut I was always in. Not anymore.....
    I started working on getting my endurance up and by my next PT test (I went reserve in Oct.) I was 10 pounds off my weight maximum. I lost 20 pounds from Jan to May. I've been yo-yoing since. I started a workout program from bodybuilding.com and I have seen myself lose a lot of fat and inches. I've lost 5 pounds from the workout so I've lost a lot of weight since starting my navy career. I continue to keep going and to help build my workout machine that is my body. I know I'm capable of doing this and will get it right (one way or the other).

I've already seen changes within the last 30 days (I dropped a size in pants/jeans, and my shirts are getting larger as I shrink). I'm still hoping by the next PT test that I will be at weight (I'm 10 pounds away). After that, I'll continue to keep going, strengthening myself and feel accomplished with my struggle, my fight to be healthy.

Currently: 175. Size 11/12 jeans, M/L shirts.
    (unfortunately I don't have a current pic right now; it's on my to-do list)
  • STLBADGIRL
    s0k59my4vq73.jpg

This WAS me. Weight: 230 pounds. Size 18 jeans, L/XL shirts.

I was working a underpaid job and was basically wasting away eating, drinking, smoking. My weight went to 230 pounds; heaviest I ever had been in my life at the time. While I tried to look for another job that paid better, my husband introduced the idea of going into the service. I remember thinking yeah right, look at me; but no, he said; think about it. Go talk to a recruiter and see what happens. So I perked his interest and went to see one. He told me the obvious and said I would have to lose about 50# before they would even get paperwork started. My goal started right there. Jan 2011, I committed myself and my husband to eat better and workout. I made changes when I would go to work (take stairs instead of elevator, more rounds to walk, etc.) By late March 2011, I lost the 50# that the recruiter wanted me to lose. He was so shocked at what I've done and how fast it came off. April I signed my contract to the U.S. Navy and left for boot camp 2 months later.

With my new change in career, another aspect came into play......motherhood. I gained 75# and struggled through the whole water weight, PT sessions, food (on a budget with low money because of my rank). It took me about 15 months to get to where I was pre-pregnancy. So that's 75# loss in 2 years. When I went to my command in Virginia, I didn't want to struggle to make weight and starve myself to get an extra couple pounds; I didn't want to have to be tapped every time I would fail my weight-in. My husband and I decided to get a gym membership at One Life Fitness in Norfolk. 2 hours a day for 5 days I would train with my husband doing strength training and cardio sessions. I saw my weight drop to 164 from 179..another 15# gone (total now 85#). Right before I left for Christmas leave, I was down to 159....5# less (90# total). Deployment was waiting for me in Jan 2015 and I kinda embellished while on leave; eating whatever I want, drinking (getting the good times with family and friends). Came back to Virgina and was on deployment. I worked out on the ship 2 hrs/day 5-6 days a week. I may have shot my weight up to 165 but it was gone by the time I got back to the states 5 months later. While I didn't check my weight, I was down to a size 10 in pants, Medium dresses, medium shirts. I felt great and everything was right.

Then when my active duty term was over, I started to get lazy...by Jan 2016, I was 190 pounds...getting back into the same rut I was always in. Not anymore.....
    I started working on getting my endurance up and by my next PT test (I went reserve in Oct.) I was 10 pounds off my weight maximum. I lost 20 pounds from Jan to May. I've been yo-yoing since. I started a workout program from bodybuilding.com and I have seen myself lose a lot of fat and inches. I've lost 5 pounds from the workout so I've lost a lot of weight since starting my navy career. I continue to keep going and to help build my workout machine that is my body. I know I'm capable of doing this and will get it right (one way or the other).

I've already seen changes within the last 30 days (I dropped a size in pants/jeans, and my shirts are getting larger as I shrink). I'm still hoping by the next PT test that I will be at weight (I'm 10 pounds away). After that, I'll continue to keep going, strengthening myself and feel accomplished with my struggle, my fight to be healthy.

Currently: 175. Size 11/12 jeans, M/L shirts.
    (unfortunately I don't have a current pic right now; it's on my to-do list)

This is so awesome. You were working your tail off. Great partnership with you and hubby. It was refreshing reading your story....to come from 230lbs to a size 10 is AWESOME AND AMAZING!!!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    No full body pics yet. I've lost 50 lbs since 2013 and husband is down nearly 40. It took me 3 years to lose 20 lbs on my own. Once the hubby and I started working on it together it's taken me less than 4 months to lose an additional 30 lbs. It's so much easier to be on the same page!

x3rxorijbfi5.jpeg
    yw9zfp4tmg8h.jpeg

i <3 THE PIX....Its great when you have some one to support you and be on this journey with you. I love how you lost faster when you did it with hubby, vs doing it on your own! Woot Woot
  • STLBADGIRL
    bump
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Fantastic pics of change !
  • STLBADGIRL
    Jezreel12 wrote: »
    Fantastic pics of change !

I totally agree.... I have two threads going. This one where couples are killing it together and sadly, another one where their partners are walking out on them because they decided to make a change for the better.
  • STLBADGIRL
    @Hungry_Shopgirl Thanks for this post....I love hearing about couples doing this together and how supportive they are towards one another. This is beautiful, because as you can see in the other thread, the support is not always there! This journey alone is difficult and it is more difficult when your partner does not believe in you or don't support you!!!! Go girl!!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Bump
  • katycapp
    katycapp Posts: 40 Member
    Anybody have any tips for getting our SO's involved? Mine sees the progress I am making (47 lbs down so far), but just isn't making the connection on what needs to be done on his end. I keep hearing "I barely eat anything...my metabolism must be slow....My body is in starvation mode so I need to eat more" all while fixing second and third helpings of dinner.
    I always give only an appropriate serving (weighed out like my own plate) for the first. There aren't complaints, but another plate is always made while I am still finishing my own.
    I even recommended using MFP so that he could see how much he really is eating during the day, it just hasn't happened.

At this point, he is still less than me so maybe is will kick in when I weigh less? I don't want to force anything as I don't want any tension in our relationship. I love him, no matter what size but if he keeps packing on the weight it will certainly effect his health (if it hasn't already).

How did all of you lovely couples get the other one on board?
  • STLBADGIRL
    katycapp wrote: »
    Anybody have any tips for getting our SO's involved? Mine sees the progress I am making (47 lbs down so far), but just isn't making the connection on what needs to be done on his end. I keep hearing "I barely eat anything...my metabolism must be slow....My body is in starvation mode so I need to eat more" all while fixing second and third helpings of dinner.
    I always give only an appropriate serving (weighed out like my own plate) for the first. There aren't complaints, but another plate is always made while I am still finishing my own.
    I even recommended using MFP so that he could see how much he really is eating during the day, it just hasn't happened.

At this point, he is still less than me so maybe is will kick in when I weigh less? I don't want to force anything as I don't want any tension in our relationship. I love him, no matter what size but if he keeps packing on the weight it will certainly effect his health (if it hasn't already).

How did all of you lovely couples get the other one on board?

I know it is aggravating....but they truly will have to want to make the change. My SO was more like you and I was more like your SO. I would even go to the gym with him and still eat what I wanted to just so I didn't have to hear his mouth OR so he wouldn't view me as being lazy. But when I really got sick and tired of myself is when true change came. I must admit, that I think if he was more motivating vs me feeling like he was judging me, then I believe I would have started earlier.

Plus I made all of those excuses that your guy is making (and really believed them) until I was so sick of my shyt, that I forced me to educate myself.

I would schedule more active events
    I would cook healthy food (and the rest, I would portion out and store it in containers
    and I would limit the amount of junk food that's in the house (make it difficult for him to get the junk)
    Lastly, have a heart to heart. Tell him you love him and why you are concerned.

I pray that he comes around @katycapp
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!