Trainer says to Net 1000 Calories?!
you are a smart woman. the math is correct but the health as you said is crazy. Concentrate not on calories but on making your goal over the next 2 weeks to eat 75% of calories from the fruit and vegetable family. This will fire up your metabolism.
What absolute nonsense.
How on earth will fruit and veg 'fire' up anyones metabolism?!?0
I just wanted to provide my 2 cents on the aspect of being hungry (and crazy grumpy!) on 1200 calories/day (or less). I've found that when I eat whole, fresh foods only (such as whole eggs, steak, chicken with skin, avocados, vegetables, nuts, fruit, etc.) and avoid processed foods, junk foods and refined grains completely, I am actually satisfied on less than 1200 calories/day. However, if I have breads (even whole grain) and/or "treats" those calories add into my total without filling me. :-)0
On the above, I'll also say, I can eat 1200 calories of 'processed' food and be satisfied all day if I'm occupied by something, like working on a motorcycle project.
Get me bored and and I can eat 1200 calories of whole (sic) food for breakfast and still want more!0
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 387.2K Introduce Yourself
- 42.7K Getting Started
- 258.5K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.9K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.8K Fitness and Exercise
- 318 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.4K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152.1K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 2.1K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 572 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.5K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions