What's the deal with intermittent fasting?

2»

Replies

• janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    IMO, pointless.

Why not just eat what you want when you want, under your caloric allowance?
    Because I find it much harder to keep to my calorie allowance that way.

THIS
  • fitandfortyish
    fitandfortyish Posts: 194 Member
    IMO, pointless.

Because I find it much harder to keep to my calorie allowance that way.

THIS

....plus... IF proponents also suggest is those who maintain a healthy eating pattern and IF once or twice a week *may* see better fat burning results. For people who are at or near their goal weight and now want to tone and drop some of the subcutaeous fat (be "lean" if you will), IF seems to assist in that area.
  • Why not just eat what you want when you want, under your caloric allowance?

Because "What I want when I want" and "Under my caloric allowance" don't go together. Ever.
    That's just me. And maybe others too.

That why cutting out a few extra hours of eating can help. And that's why cutting out certain (non-essential) foods also helps me.

Just saying.
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member

Because "What I want when I want" and "Under my caloric allowance" don't go together. Ever.
    That's just me. And maybe others too.

That why cutting out a few extra hours of eating can help. And that's why cutting out certain (non-essential) foods also helps me.

Just saying.

I can see this.

Suppose I want an egg baked in avocado with some whole grain toast for breakfast. It's a fairly calorie dense meal, and that may mean I cannot manage dinner at Cheesecake Factory later- especially when adding in lunch and maybe a couple snacks in between. I can have macaroni and cheese for lunch now (made with whole milk and butter). On my 15 minute breaks, I've been having things like milk and a Lara Bar because it's easier to fit them in, and I've had days where between 10 and 4pm, I've only had 15 minutes to eat. I don't feel guilty about eating a 300 calorie snack because I know I can afford it, and I know it will be more satisfying than a string cheese and an apple.