On 1500 calories a day and ive stopped losing weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Open your diary before you make any changes so people can see where you're at before taking their advice.

If you take milk and/or sugar with your tea make sure you log that, I drink between 100-150cals in semi skimmed milk a day with my copious cuppas.

Also are you weighing everything and adding everything that has calories, drinks, the odd unexpected snack.

Are you eating your exercise calories back? Or are you just eating 1500 cals regardless of exercise, if you do eat back your cals how are you calculating your burns?

And yes as others have said 2 weeks is not a plateau if you've recently started exercising intensely you will have gained alot of water weight for muscle repair, so use a tape measure and do your clothes fit better?
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend eating more. I'm only 5ft 2" (120lbs) and am currently at 1670 to give me a bit of leeway - my maintenance is about 1800-1900 calories.
    You're a lot taller than me, so I think you're not eating enough.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    5'11" 209 pounds 33 year old male and you're only netting 1500 calories. I'd say that isn't necessary. You could probably up that a bit. Keep working out and keep logging. Weight loss doesn't happen consistently.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
  • Tabithas_Transformation
    Options
    That tea is still 15-30 calories depending on how much milk you like and the size of the cup. I'd recommend logging tea just to see what effect that has. I can get near 100 calories a day on tea with semi-skimmed milk.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options
    Hi I'm in 1500 kcal a day, I've been told that is my BMR and I'm not losing any weight. I'm 11st 1lb and 5ft 2inches. I'm worried I'm eating too many calories. Help! :)
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race. Keep up the good work. Two weeks isn't that long for a stall.