Want Enchiladas? OMG, so good!

2»

Replies

• Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Here's a tip: I don't care much for straight red enchilada sauce. I find it very.... 'strong'? Anyway, what my mom used to do is cut it with chicken broth. I personally only make 'green' chicken enchiladas, but my mom's red ones are yummy! :smile:
  • I made this last night. Came out great. I like spicey, so I added some diced jalapeno to the veggies. I also mixed in some fat free plain greek yogurt, only 1/2 cup to the whole recipe, to give the creamy effect of sour cream.

I'll be making it again, but with a few variations. :smile:
  • I made this last night. Came out great. I like spicey, so I added some diced jalapeno to the veggies. I also mixed in some fat free plain greek yogurt, only 1/2 cup to the whole recipe, to give the creamy effect of sour cream.

I'll be making it again, but with a few variations. :smile:

I make this a lot ... it's sooo good! I like spicey, too, so instead of diced tomatoes, I put in Rotelli. For the corn tortillas, I dry heat them (lightly brown) in a skillet first ... brings on a good flavor. I also like to add garlic sometimes or I'll rub a little garlic on the corn tortillas after heating them. Sometimes I boil up skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into chunks and add. I also use Fage% plain Greek yogurt, but I generally put a small dollop on top.

What variations are you going to do?
  • My first thought was to add shredded cabbage. I like to use cabbage instead of lettuce for tacos & burritos, so I thought it would be a nice, lo-cal way of bulking up the recipe a bit. I also thought I would try pinto beans instead of (or mixed with) the black beans.

I tend to change up recipes based on what I have on hand. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants puts peas & green beans into their veggie burritos. I could see myself adding those to this recipe some time.
  • I have to laugh at myself ... I must have decided to be a little Italian or something when I said I put in Rotelli instead of diced tomatoes :laugh: ... I put in Rotel. I so hear you on the cabbage instead of lettuce when it's not a salad. Heck, I make sure I have a good amount of cabbage in my salads, too! I like the idea of mixing up the beans. I actually just bought a can of pinto beans with jalapenos, so I'm ready to go! :bigsmile: I guess I have to pass on the peas and green beans ... I like fresh peas but I don't like them cooked (weird, I know) and I went on a green bean binge that lasted a couple months (couldn't get enough of them) and now I can't look at them. I have, however, put in spinach to make it healthier and it was delish ... wouldn't know the spinach was there.
  • possummama
    possummama Posts: 96 Member
    made this last night and it is WONDERFUL! - even my "meat and potatoes" husband enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!!
  • Sounds yummy! I will try it this week.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Bump
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Thanks, gonna take time to look over the thread a bit later:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.