Question: Do you wipe down Barbells at the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    No, I don't; I did not wear gloves until recently but now I have adequate weight on my barbells and such to cause damage to my hands when I don't. I currently wear gloves. I do wipe down cardio equipment and anything that I noticeably sweat on. I usually do my weights first and follow up with my cardio so I am not a particularly sweaty user anyway. But if I notice that I am sweating on equipment, I wipe it down with a wipe or with cleaner (depending on what is available at the gym I use)... I of course wash up after working out. I ALWAYS wipe down equipment if I have a lesion or something (occasionally I develop skin rashes during the Spring/Summer due to poison ivy and such -- in that case, of course I am religious about cleaning equipment.) As one mentioned, it would be practically impossible to clean all that... I follow the general consensus of the gym I am using... If I notice most are wiping it down, I wipe it down despite what I commonly do... If they don't I make sure my sweat is not left behind without regard to what others are doing) Oh, and if the rash is too bad, I'll put a towel or wear long clothing to avoid contact with the equipment anyway...