Tortilla Chips & Crackers

2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I may not be fully grasping it since I'm not a big chip, cracker, pretzelly type of snacker.

But I find that six Kashi hummus crisps or five tortilla chips mixed in with baby carrots and cucumber slices is a great way to get some variety when eating hummus, salsa, French onion dip, etc.

I also like others' suggestion of just putting those dips & condiments on other foods. Baked potatoes...mmm
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    I always have low carb, high fiber tortillas or wraps on hand that are between 80-100 calories. I sometimes cut those up into chip sized pieces, spray with some cooking spray and season based on the mood I'm in. I then toast them in the toaster oven set on the toast setting, or in the oven at 425 for 5-7 minutes.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    I discovered Ok Mak crackers and never went back anything else! It's not your typical "cracker" it's stone-ground wheat crackers and is high fiber and VERY low cal. To me they are a very nutritious option when baby carrots and veggies are not cutting the craving! It makes you feel full too because of the whole grains.

5 Crackers per serving (and they are BIG) is 100 calories and sometimes only eat half of that because it hits the spot! Try it!

http://www.akmakbakeries.com/wholeofthewheat.html

I usually buy them at Trader Joes but I'm sure any grocery store would have them. Good for dips and stuff...hummus yum :)

I love these crackers and you're right - they are big. I usually eat three with an ounce of hummus.