Any coffee addicts losing weight?

124»

Replies

• lannabelle
    lannabelle Posts: 85 Member
    Nothing wrong with coffee, or cream, or sugar as long as you fit them into your day. I would suggest pre-logging your coffee(s) and working the your day around it. I tend to pre-log most of my daily meals while I'm eating breakfast. :)
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    I love my coffee- I drink it black though, with half a tsp of brown sugar. works of me.
    And yeah i need like 4 cups a day :) My suggestion , as long as it's low cal - why not ?
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    I love my coffee. (3-4 cups a day) I usually drink it black. I will add a splash of milk sometimes. I haven't had any issues with weightloss by drinking coffee. The only issue is when I don't have any. :laugh:
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    I love coffee, but like everything it's good in moderation.
    I now drink coffee with milk or half and half, no added sugar or splenda. If you like good coffee, then no sugar is necessary, really good stuff doesn't need much flavoring. That's if you're trying to lose weight and don't want added sugars. I add raw sugar once in a while and it's nice, yes.
    However, excess consumption isn't good for you, believe me I was drinking tons of coffee throughout the day and experiencing severe exhaustion, so now I only drink about 3 c in the morning til noon. After that the caffeine affects our hormones which regulate our sleep and daily body functions.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Don't mess with my coffee it could get really ugly.

I typically drink 2-3 pots of coffee a day (have cut back a little this week but that was just because I was too lazy to make more than a pot) doesn't seem to have slowed my weight loss. I drink it black so I don't have to worry about the calorie impact from sugar and cream with that amount of coffee.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Coffee keeps my BF alive and me out of jail. I usually drink it with half-and-half and cinnamon, although Starbucks' nonfat lattes have a decent amount of protein and low enough calories to make them a good dessert.

Coffee after dinner is fine, and something that people used to do all the time. You just have to drink a CUP of coffee (not a mug, or a big gulp). Think about the fancy little coffee cups that your grandma had in her good china set.
  • JimiB73
    JimiB73 Posts: 34
    I think I might die without my coffee! Put whatever you'd like in your coffee and as long as it fits your macros, you'll be just fine.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    No. Unless you dump half a cup of creamer and sugar in it, (which I never understood) I see no need to cut back. I used to drink a ton of coffee when I was in undergrad and still managed to lose the 30lbs I wanted to lose. But I don't add much creamer and I always measured it out to a couple tablespoons.
  • trizzletrix
    trizzletrix Posts: 92 Member
    I drink coffee but I drink instant with a dash of semi-skimmed milk so it's only ~20 calories a cup :)

Some days I drink upwards of 5 cups haha, that's university life for you.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    I probably drink a pot of coffee a day (with a little no-fat, no-sugar creamer). No problems with weight loss, or cravings, but everyone's different.
  • I wouldn't make it without coffee, and caffeine in general :)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    I drink about 2 - 3 cups a day myself.....
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    I've lost weight and I still drink coffee. It's the one thing I don't mess with. I use 2% milk and sugar. But I really need the extra calcium anyway, plus my breakfasts are almost always small.
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    I drink at least 2 cups a day WITH flavoured creamer - not fat free not sugar free. Its the one thing I will not give up and I look forward to that cup after my 6 am gym sesh.

I have lost 20lbs since the beginning of January.

I would rather sacrifice other fav sweets to have my coffee.

Tried it black, tired vanilla almond milk, tried skim and sugar, tried splenda and other sweeteners...just wasn't enjoyable.
  • toberose
    toberose Posts: 4
    Yes cut back
    we are all different regarding the effects of coffee'
    so I found that it raises my cortisol levels and I do not lose weight
    I read a load of info about it
    so I have stopped drinking coffee completely
    and we shall see
    I feel better and have loads of energy especially after the gym
    and I am doing the thing where you don't eat until noon and then stop at 7pm

it works for me

best of luck
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Thank you Moonlitedi for posting that!
    Unfortunately, I do use sugar and creamer. I use to use splenda, but I read (and experiencing) side effects

OK. I'm a coffee addict. I used to drink 12 plus cups a day at 167 pounds. I would put creamer and sugar. That was before. Over 2 months I slowly cut back and now I totally drink it black and iced.

First, switch to skim milk and 1/2 a teaspoon of REAL sugar. That fake stuff stinks. Drink that until you are ok with the taste. What I would do in the morning is measure out a cup of skim milk and 3 teaspoons of sugar and for all of my days coffee I would only use that.. Measure once and take from that. It was easy to see my slowly use less and less sugar.

Then once you get the cream replaced with Skim, work on the sugar. I would do each step for 2 weeks. Cut it in 1/2 and only make that amount work. Another thing I like to use for special days is Hershey chocolate syrup (like for chocolate milk) and 1/2 teaspoon for 24 calories. YUM. You can easily still loose weight by drinking your coffee with skim milk and sugar but its easiest to set aside the days amount of those things so you can add it to the coffee.

Next step is to have your first cup with 2 ice cubes to water it down a wee bit.

I now switched to brewing 8 cups of coffee per night, pop it in the fridge and in the morning I have BLACK iced coffee. I add ice, and sometimes if it is too strong, I let it melt a wee bit. Love it.

No fake sugar. If its important to you then work to fit it in your daily allowance.

PM me if you want to chat!