Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Edit Food - and it disappears!

AlexBulkFitAlexBulkFit Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
I experienced this for the first time a few days ago: Wanted to edit a food which was missing sodium facts. When I edited it and confirmed I could not find the food anymore in the database. Also created the food then to be able to add it to my diary but after creating it it did not show up either or it said that the food already existed (can't remember anymore).

Nevertheless, just wanted to edit and add saturated fat facts to an item and now it's gone again. Can't find it anymore in the database.

Has anyone experienced the same? Would be great if MFP can fix that.

Alex

Replies

• ChatterineChatterine Posts: 1Member Posts: 1Member
    I just had this problem too. It's frustrating because now I can't add a correct version of the food to my log. I don't want to add an incorrect food to my log for accuracy reasons, obviously, but also because then it exists in perpetuity in my recent foods list... another feature of myfitnesspal that makes no sense at all.
  • 1stday131stday13 Posts: 452Member Member Posts: 452Member Member
    Me Too! Sometimes that happens and sometimes it shows back up. I never know which is going to happen.
    Try hitting the refresh button, Try logging out then back in. See if that helps. Also, I always put my initials behind the food when I correct it...-ld... So if I have to look for it again in the data base it is easier to find.
    it would make life in the data base a whole lot easier if 1) an item could not be entered unless all the information was included. 2) If people could not save their "Aunt Bee, Georges etc special Pot Roast" etc!
    That is what their recipe saver is for!! not the data base :angry:
  • qiggqigg Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    This is happening to me too. For foods I have searched for in the database and then corrected AND for my own foods which have needed to be updated. Immediately after editing the foods no longer appear in any search or under My Foods. They reappear a few minutes later.

This delay of several minutes is extremely inconvenient - it is bad enough having to go to the trouble of correcting incorrect database entries but if we also have to wait several minutes after correcting the food before being able to enter it in a diary it is making MFP almost unusable!

(I'm using the website not an app, BTW).
  • qiggqigg Posts: 13Member Member Posts: 13Member Member
    The problem seemed to go away for a few days, but I just edited an entry and it disappeared again.
  • TomazzzTomazzz Posts: 3Member Posts: 3Member
    Same here , MFP , please do something !!!!!!

Edited food just disappeared from database and from My Food , so i can't edit it again if i missed smth.....

Waiting for 4 days did change anything...

BUT when i scan the bar code of this food via MFP app on my iPhone the product appears....(but there is no option to edit it from the iPhone app)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammitCallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,683Member Member Posts: 9,683Member Member
    I'm now having this problem, and I can't comment here about it (http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/8420272-i-edited-a-food-and-now-it-s-not-in-the-database-#best-answer-conversation) so I'm commenting here. I tried looking it up on the app, and it's not there, either (per Justin's response in the above link). I couldn't find the first one, so I edited a second one, and now I've got one choice with a serving size of "3 CUPS RAW". The mfp entries give the option to choose in grams, why can't ours?
  • lw1172lw1172 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    This is so aggravating! I don't understand how hard it is to have a button after you've edited an item that says 'Add Food'! Why do you have to search for it again?!
  • segacssegacs Posts: 4,635Member Member Posts: 4,635Member Member
    Same problem here. @Mods, do you know if this is a known issue? Is there a ticket created for this?
  • zemitzemit Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I have the same problem happening these last few days. Please fix it.
  • HockeyrupHockeyrup Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I've been having this problem one and off for the last 3 months. There seems to be no progress. +1 for not having to find the food again to add to your diary - it's pretty obvious that food edits will relate to your current meal in most instances.
  • segacssegacs Posts: 4,635Member Member Posts: 4,635Member Member
    And it's 6 months later and this is still happening, too. Speedy on those fixes there, MFP!
  • TheBeachgodTheBeachgod Posts: 825Member Member Posts: 825Member Member
    This has happened to me the entire time I've been on mfp. This is my second mfp account and it happened on both going on 3 years. Way before the Under Amour downgrade.
  • jimchou70jimchou70 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Me too. Very annoying. And bad to leave a bug hanging so long that impacts hard core users!
  • DBrooks1979DBrooks1979 Posts: 411Member Member Posts: 411Member Member
    lw1172 wrote: »
    This is so aggravating! I don't understand how hard it is to have a button after you've edited an item that says 'Add Food'! Why do you have to search for it again?!

I would like this feature also.. "ADD FOOD" that way I don't have to go back to my diary and search for the food that may or may not show up again...
  • jimriley12000jimriley12000 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    And nearly six years after the original report above, this bug STILL exists! Yes, it's a free service, but (1) Under Armour is getting the use of our data (and apparently doesn't protect it all that well), and (2) anyone who takes any pride in their product, free or not, should go the extra mile to make it work right!
  • spaceLemspaceLem Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Yes, it's still a problem in Feb 2020.

I'm trying to track my sodium intake, and I'm constantly having to correct entries where someone has either left it out, or because food in the UK is labelled with g of salt, and people have put that in instead of mg of sodium (the fix is just multiplying the value by 400, but you do that and you can't access the food again which makes it pointless).

It seems the best workaround is just to manually add salt as another food and try to correct for the wrong entries, but if the old food reappeared with the entries that wouldn't be necessary.
  • angiesuggangiesugg Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    Yes exactly. I have been telling this for many MONTHS and they do nothing to fix it. It does not save properly.
    OMG I just realized the original poster posted SIX years ago. This is horrible. MFP help us understand if multiple people have the same problem why is it not fixed since 2014
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 3,062Member Member Posts: 3,062Member Member
    I had the same thing happening to me. MFP you are getting to be a BAD and unreliable app and website >:) .
    I bet they told you it was resolved too.