A CALORIE IS NOT A CALORIE

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I don't find it that difficult to understand these gifs and this humor. But I also have tests that put me in the top 1% of the US population in HQ/humor-wise. So, it's MUCH more likely that some of you (and one of you in particular) simply isn't able to understand this level of humor rather than I'm incorrect about this whole humor thing (even though that wasn't what I got my degree in).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    I don't find it that difficult to understand these gifs and this humor. But I also have tests that put me in the top 1% of the US population in HQ/humor-wise. So, it's MUCH more likely that some of you (and one of you in particular) simply isn't able to understand this level of humor rather than I'm incorrect about this whole humor thing (even though that wasn't what I got my degree in).

jennifer-lawrence-oscars-gif-4-yay.gif
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member

2j663iw.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Do you guys act like this in real life?

Because sometimes it feels like a schmarmy high school comedy in here -- I expect Lindsay Lohan or Seth Rogen to jump out with a clever one liner to bring some comic relief to all the inanity. If most of you are 15, I guess that would make sense. For those that are actually older than 25 or so, do you act like this in your real lives as well? People really keep gifs around to post on message boards?

Perhaps I'm just new to such an internet message board, but this place is both fascinating and mildly abhorrent at the same time.

bahahahahha this is amusing…you list how you are superior to everyone and then accuse the rest of us of "immaturity" …oh the irony!

Ah, I get it now. I guess I am pretty dense.

I never would have taken someone's counter to being called dumb with evidence to the contrary about their education or IQ to be a statement implying my inferiority. Never would have occurred to me. Man, that's rough.

Now, now, let's not rewrite history, shall we?
    Maybe you are. I don't find it that difficult to understand these issues. But I also have degrees and tests that put me in the top 1% of the US population IQ/intelligence-wise. So, it's MUCH more likely that some of you simply aren't able to understand this rather than I'm incorrect about this basic biology (and that was what I got my degree in -- with honors).

No one inferred anything nor did you imply anything, you said it, point blank.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Do you guys act like this in real life?

Because sometimes it feels like a schmarmy high school comedy in here -- I expect Lindsay Lohan or Seth Rogen to jump out with a clever one liner to bring some comic relief to all the inanity. If most of you are 15, I guess that would make sense. For those that are actually older than 25 or so, do you act like this in your real lives as well? People really keep gifs around to post on message boards?

Perhaps I'm just new to such an internet message board, but this place is both fascinating and mildly abhorrent at the same time.

bahahahahha this is amusing…you list how you are superior to everyone and then accuse the rest of us of "immaturity" …oh the irony!

Ah, I get it now. I guess I am pretty dense.

I never would have taken someone's counter to being called dumb with evidence to the contrary about their education or IQ to be a statement implying my inferiority. Never would have occurred to me. Man, that's rough.

Now, now, let's not rewrite history, shall we?
    Maybe you are. I don't find it that difficult to understand these issues. But I also have degrees and tests that put me in the top 1% of the US population IQ/intelligence-wise. So, it's MUCH more likely that some of you simply aren't able to understand this rather than I'm incorrect about this basic biology (and that was what I got my degree in -- with honors).

tumblr_inline_n2o54pMYKW1qkosys.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_

2j663iw.jpg

hC2782F96
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Yeah, I guess I just don't get it.

Chris Rock, he's funny. Eddie Murphy's Raw -- a classic. Chappelle Show, Louis C.K. -- hilarious. Most of the gifs and 12 year old mocking, not particularly funny. I guess that's just me.
  • kjo9692

Chris Rock, he's funny. Eddie Murphy's Raw -- a classic. Chappelle Show, Louis C.K. -- hilarious. Most of the gifs and 12 year old mocking, not particularly funny. I guess that's just me.

5k3v9c.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    792861.gif
    445496.gif
    tumblr_ly7h8m3Dz81qgj4zoo1_500_large.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

Because you don't understand the humor, you call it "12 year old mocking"? Interesting.

I propose that perhaps you simply don't have a high enough HQ to understand it.

(There's a parallel here to the original topic. I wonder if you'll get that.)
  • lindsey1979

5k3v9c.gif

Yeah, like that. Not actually very funny. Mostly lame.

Keep the mediocrity coming...
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member

Even the kitties?

:brokenheart: :cry:
  • lindsey1979

Because you don't understand the humor, you call it "12 year old mocking"? Interesting.

I propose that perhaps you simply don't have a high enough HQ to understand it.

(There's a parallel here to the original topic. I wonder if you'll get that.)

Most of it's just not funny. Unless you're 12, then it probably is hilarious.
  • _HeartsOnFire_

5k3v9c.gif

806363.gif
  • kjo9692

5k3v9c.gif

1zfh3d4.gif

No? Not even a little?

2cq1mw6.gif
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

stop taking everything so seriously. everyone else is trying to lighten up the atmosphere with some funny gifs

Other than the posts taking the mick out of you for claiming your high IQ and education as the reason why you must be right, stop taking things so personally. And on that, if you can't see how arrogant, obnoxious and condescending that post was, then the problem isn't the other people here poking fun at the post. Casting further aspersions about the intelligence and maturity of the others here isn't helping your case. Also, most of the people you said that to probably have a similar level of intelligence and education to you, but you just assumed you're the only one on the thread with a degree and high IQ. Lastly, trying to win an argument by appeal to authority, any authority - whether your own qualifications or saying "so and so said so and she's a professor" or even "God told me I was right" - is not a logical argument. No-one is right about everything. Even university professors disagree and can be wrong about stuff, and you won't find "I must be right because I'm a university professor and you're not" in any peer reviewed journal article.

Sometimes it's better just to say you made a mistake, you didn't realise how what you said would be taken, and then laugh about it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_

5k3v9c.gif

I'm sorry but just because you don't get it doesn't make it not funny. Do you get to decide is things funny? I think not since your list of things that are funny and acceptable seems to be pretty short.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpZpwla9x0DWmVQANu72eH5hbgOVQZpLTUchKS4-FmCGFEAPnY
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

5k3v9c.gif

1zfh3d4.gif

No? Not even a little?

2cq1mw6.gif

i-has-a-sad.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    This wasn't rolled in.

4jqbyu.gif

This gif is wonderful.
    Unlike the cat-coming-out-of-a-guy's-*kitten* gif I posted the other day.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    This wasn't rolled in.

4jqbyu.gif

This gif is wonderful.
    Unlike the cat-coming-out-of-a-guy's-*kitten* gif I posted the other day.

I love that gif...
    It's hilarious.