large or small breakfast to lose weight?

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    A lot of studies show that skipping meals, especially morning meals is dangerous long term. For those who exercise regularly is not recommended at all. Losing weight can be achieved without having to skip meals "purposely". As for the meal size I'd suggest a balanced portion of not too much and not too little. If you take proper sleep that would mean that your body has been fasting for up to 8hr. So upon waking up its storage is empty. In my diet I strive for more quality rather than quotanty. Maybe a preparation of meals beforehand, or careful planning might help you as well.

Would be interested in these studies.

Sure! Although I'm pretty sure you can find many others as well by just searching.
    http://m.livescience.com/39598-reasons-never-skip-breakfast.html
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    A lot of studies show that skipping meals, especially morning meals is dangerous long term. For those who exercise regularly is not recommended at all. Losing weight can be achieved without having to skip meals "purposely". As for the meal size I'd suggest a balanced portion of not too much and not too little. If you take proper sleep that would mean that your body has been fasting for up to 8hr. So upon waking up its storage is empty. In my diet I strive for more quality rather than quotanty. Maybe a preparation of meals beforehand, or careful planning might help you as well.

Crap. Certain death is upon me.

Oh wait...
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    If this is what is on the forums I'll pass. What a waste of space arguing!! I eat oatmeal or other hot cereal for breakfast within a half hour of getting up because I feel better and have more energy. Other things work better for other people. If it ain't broke why fix it!

Michelle in Ohio
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Sure!

Now you are making me work for it and actually find the studies :tongue: . Thanks for the link. Will try to find and look at the actual studies behind the article.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Sure! Although I'm pretty sure you can find many others as well by just searching.

Just saw the edit. It's accepted practice for the person mentioning the studies to link the ones they are referring to rather than getting someone else to trawl through the interwebz.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member

i haven't died yet, and i've been skipping meals for almost two years.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member

Sure!

Now you are making me work for it and actually find the studies :tongue: . Thanks for the link. Will try to find and look at the actual studies behind the article.

Lol..You got it!:wink:
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    I am not a breakfast person. I eat something small like 150-170 calories. That way..I have a snack a few hours later then lunch after that. I am up and working before 6am and I just don't feel like eating a huge breakfast. My biggest meal is usually lunch.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member

Considering your body needs about 8 hours of sleep in order to process the food intake, exercise and water, my answer is no.

Good for you but it doesn't change the facts from the experts who are educated and practice health management for a living.

BTW - Many bodybuilders practice unhealthy lifestyles nor do I want to be or look like a bodybuilder. Therefore, if that is your point of reference then I'll pass.

Many people in general practice unhealthy lifestyles, so that point is moot.

You don't have to want to look like a body builder, my point being is they build muscle (which is difficult to do with bad health practices) and achieve great feats by being health conscious. health and fitness is about feeding your body the right nutrients and training to achieve your goals, which is what many people do every single day eating in a timing that doesn't fit your very close minded view.

If the point is moot then why did you bring it up? I couldn't care less about the manner in which body builders formulate their deformed nasty looking bodies unhealthy bodies. Their methods are not healthly at all. Like I previously stated, if that's your point of reference then knock yourself out. I will continue to follow the advice of medical and health professionals who have invested years in the business and not those of bodybuilders. If this makes me a close minded person then I wear it proudly.

In for overweight people body-shaming bodybuilders.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    First of all there is something very nasty about your attitude if you're going to body shame any type of idividual, Soapfan777, and it's completely inappropriate here.

I don't feel my attitude is nasty or my comments were inappropiate.

Therein lies the issue.

Therein lies the issue with you if you haven't concluded comments made towards me were nasty and inappropiate as well.

Which one of us called your body disgusting and mutated?

I did not state that anyone called my body disgusting and mutated. However, some of your replies were nasty and inappropiate just the same. Are you going to deny it?

The statement was in regards to YOU stating that bodybuilders are disgusting and unhealthy. Which is both irrelevant and offensive.

You were nasty to me long before my statement about body builders and it's in black and white for anyone to read it.

Because I called myself a mutant? I happen to be very into X men, so I don't find that offensive in the least bit. Nor was that anything against you. That's when you began your ramble on how my personal timing was going to negatively effect me because apparently there's this magical 4 hour window that most people were unaware of. That's when I simply used bodybuilders as an example and those who do IF. Thus began your irrelevant bashing of a body type you don't like. Pretty sure anyone with a 5th grade reading level could come to this conclusion. I only got nasty when you got offensive.

Then you must don't have a 5th grade education because if you did then you would have realized that your statements could be taken just as offensive just as you are labeling mine.

Is this real life? I think I just gained five hundred lbs in delicious irony.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    What is going on in this thread???

Good lawd, indeed.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    can everyone just bow out gracefully??

225px-Internet_argument.png

:noway:
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    large or small breakfast to lose weight?to eat in the mornings, I still attend school so I find it hard to eat a large breakfasti get up at 5:15am and eat something small usually 50-100 calories at 6:30am but I eat school lunch at 10:30am.
    Im trying to lose weight would it be better to eat a large or small breakfast? Or none at all.

Peoples’ body types are different so the routine that works for some people may not work for others. It all boils down to the routine that works for each individual person. I know people who lost weight by not eating breakfast, eating once a day, not exercising, and not drinking plenty of water. Heck, I even know people who could eat fried chicken and burgers at 2am and still lose weight. My body type does not fit into any of those categories. I have to eat breakfast to combat my terrible habit of overeating later in the day. Along with limiting my calories intake, exercise, and water, I was able to lose weight this way. The bottom line is different bodies react differently under the same regiment. Therefore, you have to try different methods until you find one that works for you.
  • What helped me the most was looking at my calorie intake like a checkbook; it all has to balance out. For example, I Know that I am going out later in the day, I eat smaller, lighter meals during the day. However, I always eat breakfast to avoid over-eating later in the day.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    If you go more than 4 hours without food then your blood sugar will drop which in turn drops your metabolism. If your metabolism is low then your body won't burn calories. There is a lot of truth to that saying about breakfast being the most important meal of the day. Breakfast or lack of sets you up for the rest of the day. Breakfast doesn't have to be big. A granola bar with light yogurt works. A mini-bagel with yogurt or fruit and granola or bar also works. Grab a protein bar with fruit. This will curve your hunger throughout the day. You could buy these items beforehand and grab and go in the morning.

False...
  • J72FIT
    You always want to start your morning off with A high protein breakfast. Protein helps speed up your metabolism through out the day. Helps nourish your body and helps to shred the fat away.

So so false...
  • J72FIT
    Do whatever works best for you. As long as you hit your calorie goal on average, you will lose weight.

QFT!
  • princessblanquisima
    princessblanquisima Posts: 46 Member
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIS! WHEN I EAT, I GET HUNGRIER
  • J72FIT
    If you go more than 4 hours without food then your blood sugar will drop which in turn drops your metabolism. If your metabolism is low then your body won't burn calories.

That's not true. Also, your body burns calories just being alive... Unless after the 4 hour Window. ..zombies

I have to disagree because it's not the point that your body burn calories just by being alive. The point is it will burn slow and will not burn enough to lose weight.

Sorry, the metabolism just does not work that way...
  • BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    SMALL BREAKFAST