Dairy Alarmism

1212223242527»

Replies

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    http://authoritynutrition.com/is-dairy-bad-or-good/

Take Home Message

When it comes to dairy, there are no good answers that apply across the board. The health effects seem to vary greatly between individuals.

Some people tolerate dairy just fine, others have mysterious symptoms when they consume it and yet others can’t tolerate conventional dairy but feel awesome with raw dairy products.

I personally tolerate dairy and eat a lot of organic, grass-fed yogurt. I frequently use butter with my meals and also eat cheese occasionally. I don’t drink milk… but only because I’ve never really gotten into the habit of it.

If you tolerate dairy products and enjoy them, then by all means eat dairy. There certainly is no compelling evidence that people should avoid it and quite a bit of evidence of benefits.

Just make sure to choose quality dairy… preferably grass-fed/pasture-raised and full-fat.

Low-fat dairy (which is often loaded with sugar) seems to be a bad choice overall… the main metabolic benefits of dairy are due to the fatty components.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    http://authoritynutrition.com/is-dairy-bad-or-good/

Take Home Message

When it comes to dairy, there are no good answers that apply across the board. The health effects seem to vary greatly between individuals.

Some people tolerate dairy just fine, others have mysterious symptoms when they consume it and yet others can’t tolerate conventional dairy but feel awesome with raw dairy products.

I personally tolerate dairy and eat a lot of organic, grass-fed yogurt. I frequently use butter with my meals and also eat cheese occasionally. I don’t drink milk… but only because I’ve never really gotten into the habit of it.

If you tolerate dairy products and enjoy them, then by all means eat dairy. There certainly is no compelling evidence that people should avoid it and quite a bit of evidence of benefits.

Just make sure to choose quality dairy… preferably grass-fed/pasture-raised and full-fat.

Low-fat dairy (which is often loaded with sugar) seems to be a bad choice overall… the main metabolic benefits of dairy are due to the fatty components.

Grass fed yogurt sounds gross.

(sorry, I couldn't help myself)
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    The same with chickens. Have you ever seen a wild chicken? Completely different bird compared to farm chickens. For one thing, wild chickens can fly.

I laughed so hard at this. Chickens can fly. Just because the farmers cut their flight feathers so they can't doesn't mean they are born that way. I had Ameraucana's and Barred Rocks and if I had the picture handy I could show you them roosting 15 feet up in a tree the one night I forgot to lock up their coop.