What am I doing wrong?

2»

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    If you're gaining weight, you're eating above your maintenance calories. You're underestimating your food & or overestimating your burns. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food, and measure your caloric drinks.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    My dear, I weigh everything I eat and I try to overestimate rather than underestimate my calorie intake. I don't drink anything but water. I just don't get why I'm gaining fat.
    If you're truly logging everything you eat accurately & honestly, then you're overestimating your burns. Eat back half your exercise calories.

If you eat at a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    If you're gaining weight, you're eating above your maintenance calories. You're underestimating your food & or overestimating your burns. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Weigh your food, and measure your caloric drinks.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    My dear, I weigh everything I eat and I try to overestimate rather than underestimate my calorie intake. I don't drink anything but water. I just don't get why I'm gaining fat.
    If you're truly logging everything you eat accurately & honestly, then you're overestimating your burns. Eat back half your exercise calories.

Is fitbit not accurate then?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member

Is fitbit not accurate then?

Not 100%, no. Especially if you are 60 lbs overweight. Those numbers are based on a person with average BF%. Higher bf will affect your calorie burn numbers just like it affects your BMR. You see how your BMR was 200 cals lower using the KM calculator? The Fitbits do not use BF% to figure your burns, so for you they will show more cals burned than you actually did.

If you find figuring and counting points easier than counting calories, then by all means go back to WW. There are many people here who do both WW and MFP, so that they keep their macros in check and see how many calories they are eating so that when get to maintenance, they can maintain their weight without having to figure points.

BTW, you will NOT be eating 1800-2500 cals on WW. If you were losing on WW, it is because you were probably only eating 1200-1400 calories total per day.

For you, I'd say lose the Fitbit and just watch your calories and macros. Shoot for under 1600 a day total and don't worry about eating back exercise calories until you get closer to goal weight. If you complicate it too much you will not be able to stick with it.