Mock Wendy's frosty

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Bumping. Mine will be higher in calorie because I don't like sugar free. But can't wait to try.
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Bump :) sounds good for those ice cream blues
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Bump. We don't have Wendy's here but this looks great
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I'm thinking the consistency will be better with only 1/2 cup of milk, and save calories too. I'll try it that way next time (but still with ricotta).
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    I tried the Wendy's frosty. It used to be my go to drive through lunch when I was in the car all day doing home health visits. Loved my frosty. So of course I had to try this. I made mine as stated and it was a pretty decent substitute. Half way froze it before eating. I will definitely keep some fat free pudding in the pantry to make this again. Thank you for sharing this!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Bump for later use
  • sdps720
    sdps720 Posts: 80 Member
    bump to save for summer
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    OR

3/4 cup almond milk
    15 ice cubes
    1/2 tsp vanila
    1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/3 of a banana

I have all the ingredients for this one. Will be trying it today! Thanks!
  • francis904
    francis904 Posts: 79 Member
    bump
  • Francl27
    Bump again. What's the trick to making it thick? It's never thick for me.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Some have used less milk and ice... It all depends on your blender speed.. Hope this helps
  • Francl27
    I'm just not sure. I managed to get it a bit thicker by adding ricotta, but it's still not the right consistency (but still delicious, and I replaced the cocoa powder by protein powder).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Introduction

Delicious, low-cal drink I found on a forum for moments when you want chocolate. I will be drinking this even after I reach my goal. It is that good.

Minutes to Prepare: 5
    Number of Servings: 2

Ingredients

1 CUP Nonfat (skim) milk
    2 TBSP Sugar-Free, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
    1 TSP Vanilla Extract
    1 TSP Unsweetened Cocoa
    1/2 TBSP Splenda (2-3 small packets) I used agave nectar here
    2 TBL Cool-Whip Free (optional)
    7 Ice Cubes

Tips

Top with whipped cream, if desired.

Directions

Place all in a blender that chops ice well. Blend until all is well mixed and all of the ice is chopped up. Mixture should be nice and thick. I like to pour the drink in a Starbucks cup or some other attractive-looking container!

This recipe makes almost 20 ounces, which I personally think is too much for one serving. I highly suggest dividing this recipe in half or share the full recipe version with someone special.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 2
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 65.6
    Total Fat: 0.4 g
    Cholesterol: 3.1 mg
    Sodium: 100.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 14.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
    Protein: 5.1 g

View full nutritional breakdown of Mock Wendy's Frosty calories by ingredient

If you wanted choc, why not just eat choc? Seems odd to cure the craving with a fake milkshake

Don't knock it till you try it. If not oh well...

Tried it, not very good. The distinct lack of fat in it is noticeable

Thank you for your review.

I was almost thinking the pudding mix would give it that Frosty like consistency.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I also have had issues with getting the consistency correct, I do find more ice helps but will be trying some guar gum (Bob's Red Mill sells in bags) to see if that helps. I have had more success lately making the full 2 servings worth.

Even if I can't get it thick enough, I've been enjoying mine (have tried cheesecake, choc fudge, chocolate, banana creme so far, have to try vanilla and butterscotch next and for flavors i've used banana, vanilla, coffee & raspberry so far).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member

I'm reasonably certain it was supposed to use INSTANT pudding mix for the thickening.

If anyone tries it like that PM me your results. i'm curious about this recipe but with all the fails i'm not interested enough to remember to check back.

INSTANT pudding thickens by itself when refrigerated. (the ice cubes will do this job)
    REGULAR pudding mix requires heat to thicken. ( i beleive this is why some of you are getting less thick results.)
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    My sister is addicted to the real things, and she wants to start eating healthier. Which means that while she can have them, of course, moderation... anyway. I think she'd love to try this recipe. Bumping so I can share it with her later. :) Thank you very much.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Wendy's frosty thinks it's so cool, but really it's just cold. Oooh, look at me, I'm a Wendy's Frosty.
  • Francl27

I'm reasonably certain it was supposed to use INSTANT pudding mix for the thickening.

If anyone tries it like that PM me your results. i'm curious about this recipe but with all the fails i'm not interested enough to remember to check back.

INSTANT pudding thickens by itself when refrigerated. (the ice cubes will do this job)
    REGULAR pudding mix requires heat to thicken. ( i beleive this is why some of you are getting less thick results.)

I've been using instant.
  • k1431
    k1431 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you for posting this recipe. Sounds delicious & I appreciate that it's low cal.